🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Google account does not work at all, and new ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carlos Augusto,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same verification issue when trying to set up a new account. Perhaps its time for a new text verification solution. 

Hi Deven,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gonca-kilavuz
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm trying to verification my phone number. But it says I have another account, but can't log in to that account. I don't know what to do.

Thanks.

Hi Gonca,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
c58c2f4f
Community Member

Same problem. Mobile network was down and I didn't realize it. No codes were received until four hours later when I had already been told that my phone number had not been verified.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anita,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c58c2f4f
Community Member

Thank you!
ac2b377c
Community Member

I have a client account, I was trying to make a freelancer one. When I get to the end of setting it up it says the phone number is already associated with another account. I'm not sure if it's because of an old account or if it's the client account. Is there anyway support could just send an email to account with the associated phone number.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hbcooper
Community Member

Hi! I am creating my profile, but have gotten stuck at the phone number verification step. When I enter a phone number and click the button to verify and continue, nothing happens. Any guidance? I am using Chrome on a Macbook.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heather,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
haseltonk
Community Member

I have the same issue, I can't get a verification code to be sent to me through the app or website.

Hi Keith,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
8d954a9a
Community Member

Please help! Everything in the subject line 🙂

Hi Celeste,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ttodorova08
Community Member

Hi, I can’t verify my phone number. When I type it in and clicked on verify and gives me that couldn’t. Any help?

Hi Tatyana,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
pselvi09
Community Member

Hi, My name is Selvi Ponniahpillai. I created an account with Upwork and my account id is pselvi09. I am trying to update my profile and unable to verify the phone number. I get an error indicating that that phone number is already used b another account. But this is my phone number for the last 7 years. I think there is a conflict with Odesk profile when I created that long time ago and now that Odesk is upwork, upwork profile is conflicting with Odesk profile. Can you please resolve this issue as its blocking me from posting y profile to find opportunities. Thanks ! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Selvi.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
1cc1e4d4
Community Member

Help please,

I'm trying to create my professional profile but I couldn't because I don't have a US phone number, actually I've registered an LLC business in the country but don't have a phone number because I'm based outside. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

If you're based outside the US, you should set your location to the country you actually live in.

Luis F wrote:

Help please,

I'm trying to create my professional profile but I couldn't because I don't have a US phone number, actually I've registered an LLC business in the country but don't have a phone number because I'm based outside. What can I do?

Thanks in advance.

You want those nice US-only jobs, right? Many people do. But if you don't actually live in the US, you are unable to access them. If you state your country incorrectly, upwork has ways of finding that out, and they will not be pleased. 

jin_chung
Community Member

Need to delete my first Upwork account (Gmail) as:
1. Google login does not work.
2. My new account needs to verify phone number, but due to it being linked to my Gmail account, it cannot be verified.

Hi Jin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mytaec
Community Member

After I clicked "continue" button on creating the file page, I was asked to enter my phone number for security.  

However, it showed "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.".

It is the only number I have. I don't know how to deal with this problem. There is not an alternative of confirmation, like email, or security questions.

Hi Chen,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sarah_shuel
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am trying to submit proposals and it says that my phone number is either wrong or associated with another account. I do not have another account and I really need to be submitting proposals. 

Hi Sarah,

~ Joanne
Upwork
deepa_tanksale
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Thank you for reaching out to us, Deepa.

~ Bojan
Upwork
waltersvaldez
Community Member

Hello,

Brand-new to Upwork, and while setting up my information, I have not received a text with a phone verification code. 

Could someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks,

Walter

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Walter,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hallnicole26
Community Member

Hello, 

I tried to verify my phone number for my new Upwork account, however I was unable to because the same number is attached to an old account I never even submitted. Would someone be able to offer some assistance? Thank you so much! 

Nicki

Hi Nicole,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the previous account you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
antisia
Community Member

Hello,

I've tried to verify my phone number but since yesterday morning didn't receive any verification code therefore it is impossible to submit proposals for jobs. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance

Hi Antisia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alexandria_henry
Community Member

same issue

Hi Alexandria,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
alexandria_henry
Community Member

I cannot create my account because the verificaiton code is not sending to me. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths