🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I didn't receive a text message verificat...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
muhammdeid
Community Member

Hello There
I hope you are saved and well.

I have traveled from Saudi Arabia to Egypt and I want to change my phone number. text message verification has been sent to the Saudi number phone. I tried to change the number, but it also sends activation to the Saudi number and I am currently in Egypt.

Can you help me to change my phone number?

Thank you.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks, Joanne.
3f4cf199
Community Member

Hello, I am having difficulty completing my account profile. On step 10, it asks for my phone number, and I get an error message saying that my phone number is in use. However I received a verification number via text from Upwork that was needed to verify my phone number. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Hi Rora, 

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sabritrilingual
Community Member

Hello there

I've got the same problem. Living in the UK, but got an Italian phone number atm so cannot verify my profile. Can you please assist with that?

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jingariks
Community Member

Hi, 

When I am entering my phone number "for verification purposes" it says that this number is being used by another account. This is the only number that I have and I would like some help, please. 

Much appreciated!

Hi Sofi,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Cannot verify the phone number.  Please help with the issue

Hi Kirill,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
allypogi
Community Member

The inputed phone number on my upwork is not working anymore and I plan on changing my current number on upwork but I can't verify my account when getting on the verify page as it sends a code on the number that's not working anymore. Is there any other way to verify my account? E-mail address perhaps?

Hi Ally,

~ Joanne
Upwork
buswindowpoetry
Community Member

Hi friends! 

I'd appreciate your advice assistance. I tried to withdraw my available funds just today and I am asked for a code from my old mobile phone (which I lost). I tried updating my settings but the moment I clicked on settings, I am still asked for a code sent to the same old number. 

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Kristine

Hi Kristine,

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, 

My phone can't receive text messages. Because of this, I can't enter security code to submit my profile for approval. Can someone help me please?

Thanks,

Mike B.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Michael.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jacariataylor
Community Member

I have never used this before. This is my first time. I went to type in my phone number and it said that someone is already using my number for an account

Hi Jacaria,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sj-shihab
Community Member

I want to update my old phone number with new one as I don't have that number now. I updated in settings>contact info> phone number. But when a place a proposal it sends a message in my old number and when I wanted to change there it said too many attempts. Can you guys fix this out

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shihab,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
irvabarca6778
Community Member

Hi I have a problem with my upwork account.

I was in Philippines before I made this upwork account and use my phone number which is a PH Phone number before, now my problem. I moved in US and live here already and I want to login using upwork app but they ask for code which they sent to my phone number in philippines. Anyone had the same problem? How to fix this.

Any comment/suggestion would be appreciated.  

Hi Irvin,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with updating your phone number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
640a47a8
Community Member

Good Day Upwork Team,

I would like to ask for your assistance in helping me change my contact details. I've tried changing it several times but I am still not receiving any code/s on my new phone number. I already edited everything and it is still the same.

Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ailen Perrin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
omarlopez123
Community Member

Hey, just recently my phone number expired and i have no access to my account settings as i can't receive a verification text. Is there a way i can solve the issue? I can't change my phone number because it's asking for the code sent to my expired sim number. I just need to change my phone number.

Thanks.

Hi Omar,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, everytime i go to my job and click get paid, and other options on my account it's asking for my verification code sent on my number. Sadly i don't have access to it anymore because my number expired. Can someone help me on this ? I already filed a ticket but it's been almost a day i'm waiting for the reply of the support team. 

Thanks!

Hi Omar Shariff,

I followed up with the team that's handling your case, and one of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, Yes please follow it up because it's been almost 2 days since her last reply. and i really need to fix this asap. Thank you 

603aa5fb
Community Member

Please, I need assistance with a way to verify my phone number here. Thanks. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Belynda,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete the phone verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Bojan
Upwork
af792128
Community Member

***FINALLY SOLVED VIA EMAIL CONFIRMATION***

Hello,

I do not receive text message to go to settings and withdraw my earnings.

Any official can help?

Thanks in advance.

swallace195
Community Member

I have also not received the SMS. Could someone please help? Thank you.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sara.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
neographic_gfx
Community Member

I am making a new account, and as far as I know I have closed all of the other ones I can think of. However when verifying my new account it says that my phone number is still being used, so I need to get this resolved. Thanks for your time. 

Hi Adam,

~ Joanne
Upwork
qmfvupwork
Community Member

I dont have access anymore to the phone number associated in my account. How can I change this if there is a security code that is being send to that old number whenever I try changing my phone number in the settings?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Queenie May,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ianresuu
Community Member

My phone was stolen and i need to change my phone number, but when I open it on the settings menu. it says " Text message verification on my old number " how can I change that when it's already lost. need help ASAP. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths