🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Error: phone number being used by another...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Audrey,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

It won’t let me do anything past this point because my phone number won’t work, but I haven’t used it before.

Hi Jacob,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have been having this same problem and now way to resolve it. Can you put me in contact with a support agent?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same issue. Can someone please reach out to me too? 

Hi Lydia,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e0932b43
Community Member

I haven't had anyone contact me. Can you please have someone reach out? Thank you! 

Hi Abbie,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am having the same issue and I have never made another Upwork account!

Hi Kevin,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I remember making an account when I was with my previous employer, however, I used my work email to sign up as a client and I no longer have access to that email account an I have forgotten the password. I would like to set up a new account as a Freelancer but I can not complete the registration because of the error message that I am recieving. 

Please help. 

Thank you,

Kimberly J

Hi Kimberly,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your previous account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
06c0025f
Community Member

Hi,

My business partner used my phone number when she created her freelancer profile a while back and now I'm making my own profile. I asked her to change her number on her profile so that I can use mine on my profile, but I'm still getting "This number is being used by another account" error. How can I fix this? Thanks  

Hi Chad,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am also having this issue. 😞 I even tried a different phone number, but it still says the same thing.

Hi Abbie,

Please keep in mind that freelancers are allowed to have only one account. Opening more than one account is a violation of our TOS. I would suggest to close your new account as soon as possible and continue with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I only have 1 account... so not sure why this is happening. 

jatinsharma59
Community Member

Hi,
I was trying to verify my mobile number but I am not receiving any verification code and now it pops up that It has exceeds the limit of receiving code.
Kindly help me out on this, 

Regards

Hi Jatin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am also having this problem, I have just signed up and the verfication code is not coming through.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same issue, no code on my phone, and I really need to withdraw my earnings 😞 

Hi 

I downloaded Time Tracker and tried to log in but I faced the same Issue, I've tried what Vladimir advised, cleared the cashe and cookies, changed the browser, and removed/added the phone number,  but still didn't receive a code message to my phone or my e-mail.

That stopped me from logging to Time Tracker, I'd really appreciate if you could solve it soon in order to start working on an exisitng hourly job.

Hi Talaat,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sparta31
Community Member

Hi!

I tried to submit a proposal for a job and the system required me to check my phone number.

However, the message never arrived and I tried to resend the code multiple times. Now, it says that I should contact support since I have too many resends. Could you help me please? 

I mention that I am from Romania and I checked that the phone number has the appropriate prefix

Hi Cosmin,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gabi_touma
Community Member

Hi! when i click on settings it ask me for a verification code, which i dont have because i lost my phone

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriela,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4863005c
Community Member

I am trying to complete my Upwork profile. When asked to verify my phone number, I am told my phone number is already in use for another account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tommy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lakind
Community Member

I have re-entered my phone number several times but have not receieved a verification code via text.  Can someone please help?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Lakin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
bautista_amor
Community Member

Hi there,

I lost my contact number attach to my account, how can I retrieve it? my problem now is that I cannot successfully request for payment since I cannot view the code. 

thanks a lot for the help

Amor B wrote:

I lost my contact number attach to my account, how can I retrieve it? my problem now is that I cannot successfully request for payment since I cannot view the code. 

Complete this form, so upwork can get yourself back up and running.

francesca_lancer
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to verify my phone number by clicking on the "send text" button. It hasn't arrived. I have also tried resending the code, but it doesn't seem to work. 

Please advise.

Cheers, 
Francesca

Hi Francesca,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jamiethewriter
Community Member

Hello! I'm at the end of setting up my account but I do not own a phone with which to receive text messages. Can I have a verification code emailed to me instead please?

Hi Jamie,

I shared this with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a email to assist you further with your phone number verification.

~ Nikola
Upwork
currie-ian
Community Member

You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add this phone number. Try a different number or contact support

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths