🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Phone already being used?
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Adinda,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
evoba
Community Member

I don't get a verification text when adding a phone number to my profile.

Hi Vacheh,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
elegantequus
Community Member

Hello!

First, my problem:

I am unable to change my account to the new phone number I have in my settings. I get a message saying please insert the code we sent by SMS message to your phone. However, I don't have my old phone or my old phone number. 

That's great that you guys want a two-step verification. But, I don't have my old phone and wanted to change to my new phone. 

Things I have tried:

1. Talking to your bot. RESULT: You wonderful bot cant' help me. 

2. Trying to use the support page for help. RESULT: being directed to the community page which doesn't have any solutions. 

3. Trying to contact upwork through the email button on the support/community page. RESULT: I'm getting looped back to the support/community page. 

Would anyone be able to help on this?

Hi Stephanie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
a5feefb8
Community Member

I have the same problem. I need to update my settings but no old phone available to get two-step verification messages. Please help me. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jin Kyung,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mahabubul888
Community Member

i lost my mobile number and i want to change my number.what to do

Hi Mahabubul Islam,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number.

~ Bojan
Upwork
e1897342
Community Member

phone number was used on an old account that was closed, and it says number is already used.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matt,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your previous account? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork
gadito
Community Member

Hi!

I'm trying to edit my profile settings , but when I click on Settings I'm gettting a message that says: 

Confirm that it's you
Text message verification
Enter the code we'v sent by text message to XXXXXXXXX in the code box and press Confirm.

I tried using the resend link , but I not receiving the message.

Someone else is having the same issue ?

Thanks 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Edgardo,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mterry1
Community Member

I have set up a new account and am having trouble adding my phone number. When I add it, it says that the number is linked to an old account. I tried to use old emails to find the account but have not had any luck. Is there someone or a way to locate this account based on the phone number for me to close it?

Hi Matthew,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team is already assisting you directly via a support ticket regarding this issue. Please feel free to post any questions you may have on your ticket so that the agent can assist you further. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hey! I lost my number, can you help me change the number i use for Text message verification please?

Hi Joe,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
arvin-manoj
Community Member

Please tell me how can I change my contact number on Upwork, It has my old number and I have lost it. I need to change it to my current phone number for future use and 2 step verification.

I cannot access the old number and the only way to change it is from the code which is being sent on the old number. 😕

Please help!
Best Regards

Thank you for reaching out to us, Arvin.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
jhunrel
Community Member

I need some help in changing my phone number. I lost my phone recently and everytime i tried to change the phone number it always asked me the code that was sent to my lost number. Can you please help me?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jhunrel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pdadam
Community Member

Hi,

I'm completing my profile and am unable to finish the phone verification step because I don't have access to a phone that receives text messages. Is there some other way to do this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aa76a4ba
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team,

I have been trying to receive the 5 digit text verification for several hours, yet I have still been unable to receive it. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Shannon,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
skostik
Community Member

Hello, I am writing here because I could not find an option to call tech support directly. Chatbot, although friendly :), could not resolve my issue.

*Description: an old account active but not usable/blocked, a new account setting blocked due to the same phone number. Need help to unblock, maybe merge two accounts and finish on-boarding. Thank you

*How did it happen: I had created an account on Upwork a long time ago and I did not use it. I tried to reset my password, but with no email from Upwork, I decided to create a new account. 

*What are my next steps?

thank you

Hi Svetlana,

~ Joanne
Upwork
anytaali2020
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to create my personal profile as a freelancer, but I keep getting that my number is in use. 

I have never been a freelancer on Upwork and so it seems a bug, who should I email to get this issue resolved?

Regards, 

Anyta 

Hi Anyta,

~ Joanne
Upwork
mrinal_rvtech
Community Member

Hi,

Team i am facing issue when i am going to login into upwork account and go to setting option that time i am unabe to recvie secuirty code. i am using both options using mobile numner and email id both case same issue. can you please check it.

Hi Manjit,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fil-mayelice
Community Member

I've been trying for 3 time and still didn't receive my verification code number. Can I hvae an agent to help me please?

Thank you

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mayelice.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bgiampa
Community Member

Hi,

I recently changed my phone number, but when I try to go into settings, it asks me for a confirmation code that was sent to my old number. How am I to change anything?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brandon,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
239f91ef
Community Member

I am having the same issue. My mom had my number previously and now has a new number, we both have accounts so I had her update her account to her current number and I am still unable to enter my current phone number in. I would have thought having her update her phone number would have made my number available to use for my account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chelsey,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
steph_edwards
Community Member

I'm trying to finish my profile but can't verify my account because it says my phone number is being used by another account. I've looked through all the community help and haven't found any helpful information on how to solve this problem. Please help.

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having the same problem, and I don't think I have an Upwork account already. I looked through my other email addresses and don't see one. Can you have a team member help me too?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths