🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I have another account but no access to phone...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one freelancer account. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

great. I am here ready, if someone could come forward ?

hi

i'm available, if one of your team members is available to talk ?

brentwarf
Community Member

I cant register. Says my phone number already in use. How can i fix this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brent,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ac259c20
Community Member

When I enter my phone number I get the message that the number is used by another account and to please enter another one. This is my phone number.  I cannot complete my application. Please advise. (I deleted my Client Upwork Account so there is no other account associated with this number.)

Hi Kaleigh,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
gurpreetseo1992
Community Member

I am unable to change my upwork setting option because it asking Text message verification on number and i am unable to receive verification code. So what can i do now?

Hi Gurpreet,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I hope you are well!

I also need to change the phone number in my profile settings, there is still an old number I had so I can't enter the code sent by text message.

Many thanks for your help!

Hi Federico,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with your phone number.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
8971883f
Community Member

I don't have access any more to an account I remember creating a long long time ago. It's probably that but how do I detach the number if I can't access the account?

Hi Jonathan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
db4ba0a3
Community Member

I am going through the initial 11 step signup process and the last portion is for verifying your phone number. I have input the correct number and am not receiving a text. I've checked both my iPad and my iPhone and neither is receiving it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Joshua.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
25192dad
Community Member

Hello, I am unable to complete the verification process because I am receiving an error message that my phone numer is in use. I may have opened an account years ago but I do not have any log-in info. How can I rectify this? Thanks!

Hi Zsuzhi,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
swallace195
Community Member

I am trying to set up my profile for the first time. In order to verify my account, I need SMS verification, but it isn't working for me; I never receive the text with the code.

Hi Sara,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your verification.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
msq-pro
Community Member

Hello, I am not receiving a verification code on mobile for logging in to my account. Please help me at the earliest. Thanks.

Hi Shahzaib,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
khanhpham1990
Community Member

Hi, my name is khanh.

Recently, i lost my phone number, and everytime i want to go seting account, it always ask code which sent to my phone number.

Enter the code we've sent by text message to ●●●●●●●5587 in the code box and press Confirm.

How can i do ?

Thank you.

Hi Khanh,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ahmedhassanean
Community Member

dears,when i am login it give status that it will send message on mobile for two step verification but it's not sending anyhting to my mobile

Hi Ahmed,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
abhishektalwar
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am new to upwork, and switch on an off from upwork, I donot have access to my old contact number, Now it ask for text message verification to my old number, Can I change that number or request to update email verification for the same?

Thanks

Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

Someone from our team will reach out to you in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
bayansuren_b
Community Member

I have another account but no access to phone number. That means i cannot login into that account. Thats why i created new account to post it.

My main account username is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and when I submit my password it asks old phone number. I changed my phone number and i cannot access to that phone. Without that access I cannot complete login into upwork. what should I do?.

Hi Bayansuren,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly in order to assist you with your account.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
austin-morse
Community Member

I previously used UpWork for a separate accounting business but it's been 3 years since I've operated as a freeland accountant. I'm now performing freelancing for different services but my phone number is still in use in the non-active accounting business. I deleted my original business email accounting so I can't even log in to Upwork. Can you please assist in removing my old business. Thank you! 

Hi Austin,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your previous account? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I'm getting an error message when I try to PM you that I do not have sufficient privileges to perform this action. 

Hi Austin,

I just sent you a PM, please follow up on that message with more information and you'll be sure to assist you accordingly. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
saki_103
Community Member

I have the same issue too. I've been waiting for it since yesterday but I haven't got a code.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Saki.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
niquebiz
Community Member

I can't finish my profile because it says that my phone number is being used by another account. I don't have another account on this site. What do I need to do to fix this?

Hi Monique,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket in completing the phone verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Dijana, 

Thank you for reaching out to usOne of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am also facing the same issue. My phone number binded with authentocation is lost and now I cant access my settings section. Can someone help please? Thank you.

Hi Fahim,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths