🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: This number is being used by another acco...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Joey,

I apologize for any confusion, I followed up with the team and you should be able to see your ticket here as well as a notification sent to your email address.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
a2caab08
Community Member

Hello newbie here. I have entered in all information required and asked. Once O reach the end where it asks me to type in my phone number to verify my account it does even let me click on that part to type a number in. Almost like its froze on that screen or something. Am I doing something wrong? How do I fix this.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Brooke.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
deyoung_ellen
Community Member

Hello! I created an account a year ago and never used it. I could not find that account with my email adress, so i created a new account. I am stuck now because my cell phone number was associated with the old account I have no access to. I cannot move forward with my new account because of this issue. Can someone give advice on who to contact or how to go about this? Thanks!!

Hi Ellen,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
chrystallink
Community Member

I don't have text capabilities on my phone, so I'm unable to verify my phone number. Is there another way I can verify it, like through a call instead?

Hi Micaela,

A member of our team will reach out and assist you in verifying your phone number. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Micaela,

It happens that with time we need to change our numbers for some reason but we see that our accounts have been verified on the previous numbers. For proceedings, we have to verify our account at a number of places, so it's essential to fix the issue. It's a technical issue and only the Upwork Support team can fix it. So please let them know it and they will soon reach out to you.

Best,

Thanks

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/
kittyrisbon
Community Member

I already cancle service of the old phone number so I want to change my phone number to the new one but the page asked me the code that sent to my old phone number.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kulrisa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dantehoroiwa
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I can't verify phone number because my number has changed. I tried to withdraw money that's in my account for work that I've completed, but it asks me to verify my phone number. My account is associated with an old phone number that I just recently changed. Is there any way to update my profile with the new phone number without having to use my old phone number to verify it?

Thanks,

Dante

Hi Dante,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
saifch100
Community Member

i want to replcae my mobile number , i want to withdraw some money, but i am not recieving 6  digit code, please help me how i can solve this issue

Hi Saif Ur,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you in updating your mobile number via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
brucewayne92
Community Member

Hey Danielle,

Have you tried different numbers?
jiya1331
Community Member

I'm on step 11 of 11 on completing my profile and its asking me to verify my phone number. I cant enter anything in the space provided and it won't let me. I click on bar and nothing happens. It does let me click on the button that says to send the code but of course it then says I need to enter my phone number first to send the code. What should I do? I've tried refreshing and all since yesterday. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Hi Jawaria,

I checked your account and it looks like you were able to connect with our phone support team and they assisted you with your concern.

Please let us know here if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cd43215c
Community Member

I need to connect with the phone support team, but am having issues doing so. I am having the exact same issue as the above user, Jawaria N. I am on step 11 of 11 of creating my Upwork profile and I can't seem to enter in my phone number at all. I tried refreshing, logging out and logging back in, but to no avail. Help would be appreciated!

Hi Kyogre,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Setting up my account and it won't let me type my phone number in. Can only click the 'Go to enter code' box which then tells me I need to put my phone number in, which it won't let me do because the box can't be clicked on. Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kylie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bobbyrodgers
Community Member

Hi there i have just created an account on your service but i am having an issue with my phone number verification. I am getting an error message stating my phone number is being used by another account. Could you please help me with this? 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Bobby.

~ Bojan
Upwork
6bf6d3e8
Community Member

Good Afternoon Upwork Team,

I signed up for a freelancer account today and when I fill out my information and get to the phone verification stage I do not recieve a text message with my 5 digit code. I have attempted to resend the code via the button provided on the page and by re-entering my phone number as if I typed it incorrectly. Any assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Chris

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Christopher,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
29143f59
Community Member

Hi Daniel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you further in completing the phone verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
matthew-penning
Community Member

I am trying to set up an account but I already made one a few years ago with a forgotten email address. I can't make a new account because my phone number is hooked to the old one. Is there any way I can unlink the phone number or get in touch with the Customer Support Team so I can begin working on this platform?

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
peytonland
Community Member

I put in the right phone number but no texts have shown up!

Hi Peyton,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
quinndior
Community Member

Hi there, I need to update my contact number. The old number is in my account and I can't get access for verification because of that. Is there anyone who can help me to fix this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ma Rowena,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c_slyter
Community Member

Cheryl slyter- Need support agent to close old account in order to verify my telephone number

Cheryl S wrote:

Cheryl slyter- Need support agent to close old account in order to verify my telephone number

You are only allowed to have one account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cheryl,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the username and the email address of your old account? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
daniel_nunn
Community Member

Hi. I tried to verify my phone number today. It said that another account uses that number. I need this fixed for my new account on upwork

Thank you,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mills_heather
Community Member

I keep getting the message my number is being used by another account. I do t think I have another account. Please someone help.
Heather

Hi Heather, 

One of our team members will assist you directly via a support ticket in verifying your phone number. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths