🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How do I setup my account if I don't have...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
george-youstina
Community Member

I am trying to create an account, it says my phone number is in use

Thank you for reaching out to us, Youstina.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ivanrexganuhay
Community Member

Hi, everytime i attempt to go to settings and change my number, it asked my ONE TIME PIN. How can I cahnge it if it has been lost, please help since I need to get paid. But I cannot continue to process my pay out.

Hi Ivanrex, 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

ok thanks looking forward.

tinaiotech1
Community Member

hi 

i am new in upwork

I have completed all the registration sections, but the verification code will not be sent to the phone. Please help me. i am from cambridge and my mobile number is from england.

best regards

Hi Alireza,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thank you so much for your consideration. 

can i send message in your direct ? 

Hi Alireza,

If you were referring to sending me a private message, then yes, feel free to do that. If you were referring to responding on the ticket, yes as well. Once our team reaches out to you via a support ticket, you can message the team directly on the ticket.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
89c9cecc
Community Member

Hello,

I deleted the two-step authenticator app I was using on my phone by mistake.

Now I can not access my account anymore.

Thank you for your help,

KHALIL Alex

Hi Alex,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
leahhavens
Community Member

Hello! I am trying to finish my account set up with UpWork and need to verify my phone number. However, when I send the verification code, I receive an error saying that my phone number has already been used on a different account. Can you please advise?

Hi Leah,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
angottijaclyn
Community Member

In creating my profile, it says my phone number is tied to another account. I'm not sure what account that would be. I need the number for my personal account here to finish my profile. 

Please advise. 

Hi Jaclyn,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
f2bea2da
Community Member

I have no phone at all and therefore cannot get past the phone code part of the profile setup. I usually call people using skype and therefore do not need a phone. How can I setup my profile?

petra_r
Community Member

Yusef Q wrote:

I have no phone at all

How can I setup my profile?

Get a phone.

f2bea2da
Community Member

Will upwork pay for my phone contract?

It is a requirement to setup account with upwork.

petra_r
Community Member

Yusef Q wrote:

Will upwork pay for my phone contract?

No of course not. But you need one to work on this platform. It's not just for the initial registration, it's also for 2 factor authentification down the line.

Also, you don't need a contract, just get a cheap one and a Pay As you go SIM card.

Chances are, a lack of a phone isn't the issue here, the wrong prefix is.

Hi Yusef,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ivashkovych_s
Community Member

Hello. I lose my phone so I have a new phone number. And in case of that, I can't get my payment because to change something I need to put code that I can't receive

Hi Serhii,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I lose my phone so I have a new one number and now can't get a payment or change something in my profile because I cant receive a code to my old phone number.

abbylloyd1234
Community Member

i must've had an old account but i can't find it or know the login details. and it won't let me verify my current account with the phone number!! and i can't get a customer service person

Hi Abby,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
a05b6050
Community Member

Exactly what it says - I can't complete the last step as a freelancer signup because my mobile is linked to an old account with an inactive email from years ago. Please help.

Ryan H

Hi Ryan,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
goebelb3
Community Member

I am trying to set up my account and I am stuck on the phone number verification every time I put in my phone number it says it’s already attached to another account however this is my phone number and I do not have another account. How do I get past this point
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Brianna.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I created an account a few months back I tried to login today and it wanted me to attach a phone number however when I tried it said that the phone number was attached to a different account. I have only the one account and this has been my phone number for over 15 years.
Even if my phone number is attached to some other account I have no login information for that I only have login information for the new account that won’t allow me to attach this phone number
salcedo_jennifer
Community Member

Hi, it says my phone number is being used by another account.

Hi Jennifer,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

It says my phone number has already been added to another account. I need this resolved soon. I spoke to someone on Friday, but they still haven't resolved the issue.

Hi Jennifer,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused! It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about this concern. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
webdeveloperpdx
Community Member

Hello.  As the subject says, I have a new phone number and need to update it in my profile. Unfortunately, the 2 factor auth code goes to my old (disconnected) number.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

Thank you for reaching out to us, Matthew.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
laightning
Community Member

Hi, we are starting a new Upwork account. The SMS that is supposed to be sent for verification doesn't come through. Will appreciate your help.

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page. Please note that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
qhall00
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with SMS not coming through for verification. Please help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths