🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone Authentication
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Quinton,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
lakshika-sithari
Community Member

I'm not getting the 6 digit verification code to my phone or email any longer.Ealier it did.

Please help me as I can't go to profile settings due to this issue.

Hi Sithari,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mukhtar_tazeem
Community Member

Hello sir i am unable to change plz help me to change the phone number

Hi Tazeem,

I checked your account, and I can see that you already submitted a support ticket to our team. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
dbc8a53b
Community Member

Hello.

I made an Upwork account a few years ago to try my hand at freelancing. I browsed around some, but never actually took any jobs. I recently decided to join again. Before creating a new account, I logged in to my old one and closed the account so that I wouldn't have any issues. Unfortunately, my phone number is still registered as being in use. As I do not have another phone number, I need to go about resetting/reverifying mine somehow. 

I am unable to find a support email anywhere, which is perplexing to me, given the popularity of this platform. If anyone is able to help, or can send me in the right direction on who to contact, please let me know. Thank you!

Hi Ryan,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
arifwajji
Community Member

Hello, I am receiving an error that says the phone is in use with another account. How can I contact support agent to solve this ?

Hi Wajji,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
nhantin1704
Community Member

I can not sign in or access the Settings because there is no verification code send to me for 2 months now. Please kindly have the technical team examined my account. My phone number is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

This is urgent, therefore, I need immediate assistance.

Hi HUYNH,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
442f38ea
Community Member

Hi, I tried to complete my profile but whenever I log in my phone number it says "Phone number is in use by another account". I don't recall using this number or anyone use my number as to my knowledge. Is there any solution to troubleshoot the issue? Thank you for the help.

Hi Marie,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
442f38ea
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Thank you very much for the help!

I have successfully updated my profile.

Best regards,

Marie

427dab88
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue--not receiving the verification text message. I had to create a new account just to sign in and write this post. Can someone please help. 

Hi Joei,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

Hello. I'm not receiving the verificaiton text message. I had to create this new account just to sign in and post this. Please help.

I really need to get into my account. Can someone from Upwork please help!!! Please!

brett-eskew
Community Member

Hi im trying to register in Upwork but it keeps saying my phone number is already in use. Its from an old account years ago that i do not have or know the email to that account. Is there someone who can help me with this? 

Hi Brett,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
anvinay
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork. Trying to signup and getting "Number used by another account" error after entering my phone number.

Can you please help with this issue?

Regards,

Vinay

Hi Vinay,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
yvikentiev
Community Member

Please correct it to

**Edited for community guidelines**

I would advise you to keep your personal information to yourself and either raise a support case or ask for help from one of the staff.

I verified using email method, but i didn't found how to submit support tickiet

how to submit support ticket?

Hi Yuri,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
elyzianeyez
Community Member

I'm on the last step on creating my profile and it's asking for my phone number.  I typed in my phone number, and by accident, typed the number wrong.  Now it's not letting me change it and it's sending the code to another number.  How can I change my number for verification so I can get my profile finished?

Hi Dustin,

~ Joanne
Upwork
albertch
Community Member

Hi upwork friends!

How can I change my mobile number ni my account? I cannot access the number anymore. Please help. Thank you

Hi Albert,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further with updating your phone number. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4b307b1d
Community Member

I had to make this account just to submit a support ticket. I can't log into my account because Upwork is requiring me to verify by text. I have a new phone number and I cannot do this. How can I access my account?

Hi Walid,

Please send me a PM with the details of the account you're referring to so I can check. You can PM me by clicking on my name. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
hamadkhan95
Community Member

I am setting up my profile as a freelancer and successfully verified my email.  I am at the point where I need to verify my cell phone number and I am not receiving a code via text.  I have tried over a 24 hour period please help me about this thank you.

Hi Hamad,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist further in verifying your phone number. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
andrey-karchev
Community Member

Hi. How can I change my phone number if I don't have access to the old one? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Andrey,

To change your phone number, please go to Settings > Contact Info and make the changes under the Location section.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I cannot enter the settings due to the fact that the system asks to enter the code that was sent to my old phone

Hi Andrey,

In that case, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
alyaa18
Community Member

Hey, I lost my phone and I can t login to my account, there is no verification through email also, any help
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths