🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Not Getting Text message verification
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Alyaa,

I am sorry to hear about this. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
edwin_yuan
Community Member

I closed my old inactive account and opened new account under new e-mail but can't use cell phone number because it was used by my old canceled account. Unable to contact support directly to fix this problem, any ideas?

Hi Edwin,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bromps
Community Member

I closed my old Upwork account because I was inactive for the past year and wanted to get a fresh start.

When creating the new account, I get stuck on the last screen where I have to enter my phone number.  The error I get is: "That number is being used by another account."

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

a_lipsey
Community Member

Brian T wrote:

I closed my old Upwork account because I was inactive for the past year and wanted to get a fresh start.

When creating the new account, I get stuck on the last screen where I have to enter my phone number.  The error I get is: "That number is being used by another account."

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

You can't. You are only allowed to have one account. You will need to contact support. 

Hi Brian,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8d843c08
Community Member

I am unable to complete my application because it says my phone number is already in use, and phone verification is necessary to complete it. How can I fix this? Please help! 

Hi Megan,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket in verifying your phone number. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
4b307b1d
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to get my old account back because I changed my phone number and can not login anymore.

I have posted this on this forum a couple of weeks ago and Joanne Marie P (upwork support) was not helpful at all and she is ignoring my messages.

Do you have any one else that can help?

Hi Walid,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. I'd like to confirm that your concern has been escalated on the day that you have reported this issue. I can confirm that one of our agents already reached out to you on the email address you shared via PM. Please check your email or spam folder and kindly reply to the ticket with the information they requested. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
macris24
Community Member

Hi, I'm having an issue about not getting a text or an email of a code to authorize my device. Please someone help me? 

Thank you.

Hi Mary Cris,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
cinprowork
Community Member

Hello.I am trying to apply as a freelance, but I am unable to because of Step 11/11 (Phone Number). When I tried using my account, it said my number is currently being used by another account. I have no way of retrieving this account since I forgot the email and username.

Hi Cindy,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
7a439355
Community Member

I recently moved in back to my home country, the Philippines. I used upwork in Kuwait way back then.. and I registered my mobile number in Kuwait. Now, I can't log in to my account because it needs the code sent to my number (in Kuwait). Now, I just created another account just to ask and contact the support but there seems to have no option for a new account to contact the support directly. Please help.

Hi Syed,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly. Please note that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
7a439355
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for your reply. I'll sure do reach out to you. I do understand that creating another account is a serious offense, but I don't have any means to reach out to Upwork since my account is compromised. I hope you understand. I'm so sorry...

3bbbe06d
Community Member

I tried to created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account, however I've never used upwork before. How can I resolve this?

Hi Isabel,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
183dab46
Community Member

I'm trying to finish creating my account but it wont let me add my phone number. It keeps saying phone number has already been used in another account, but I don't have any other account besides this email I'm using. Need help please, and thank you!

Capture.JPG

Hi Jae,

~ Joanne
Upwork
bangash_shax
Community Member

I am not receiving SMS verification code. ?although the last four digits are correct

Hi Shax,

~ Joanne
Upwork
5194f75b
Community Member

Good evening,

I'm trying to sign up and am having issues due to my phone number already being in use. Could someone please give me a hand?

Respectfully,
Nick

Hi Nick,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you in verifying your phone number via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
storiepixie
Community Member

I need tech support. I've asked the system to resend confirmation multiple times, but it won't! My phone and email haven't changed. Both are working.

Lisa, just go to the support page and issue a ticket for the tech team.

Sounds like a glitch, they'll work it out for sure.

Hi Lisa,

I have requested help from our team. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kingrandi16
Community Member

Hello,

I have a previous Freelance account. I never submitted any proposals.

I have New information BUT phone number is same.

When enter phone number under New account error message appears.

Error message says this phone number already exists.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Randi King

Hi Randi,

I've escalated your concern to our team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you in verifying your phone number. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
audreylk
Community Member

I am unable to change the email on my account - I had an account with an email that I want to use but I no longer have the phone associated with that account for verficiation. I can't receive verification code on the phone I don't have so I can't reset password so I can't access my account. I tried setting up a new account with a different email address so I could change the email address in that account to the email address I want to use but it won't let me change it to that email address because it's already in use (with the account I previously set up that I can no longer access because I no longer have the phone on the account). PLEASE HELP! The robot chat was no help!

Hi Audrey,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already submitted a support ticket to the team. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you directly in accessing your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I'm setting up my account and when it comes to account verification via phone number it says my number is attached to another account. I tried logging in with previous emails but they are not registered with UpWork, so not sure why my number is in the system? 

Please Advise.

Hi Liz,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c_waller_dates
Community Member

I recently updated my phone number and now I'm unable to sign because the verification code is being to sent my old number. How can update my number if I don't have the old number anymore?

Hi Christopher,

I've shared your concern to our team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
f64032ab
Community Member

Hello,

I was attempting  to set up my freelancer profile but got stuck on the phone number verification page. It indicates that my phone number is already connected to an account, even though I have never set up an upwork account before. How can I remedy this?

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nick,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
joyce_valiente
Community Member

Hello,

I would like to get into the settings of my account. However, when I try to I am asked to enter a code for a phone number that I no longer have control of. I would like to update my phone number, but I can't. How can I access my settings and change my phone number?

Thank

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths