🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

I am having the same problem

Hello Zachary,

I have escalated your concern with the team. One of our team representatives will reach out to you shortly. Please check your email inbox or check directly here.

Thank you.

Untitled
rikuyamaji
Community Member

I am signing up and I am at the stage where it asks, "next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security." I click "continue" and then I enter my phone number, but when I click "verify phone number" nothing happens. I have tried clearing cookies, tried 3 different browsers and 3 different devices, but nothing is working. Can somebody help me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Riku, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
means_tammy
Community Member

I pushed the verify phone number button and keep receing message in red "

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

I have already tried a different broswer before and cleared the cookies on this one (Chrome), as well as re-entering my phone number, and nothing worked. I still have not received a verification text. I know I am receiving text messages from other sources though.

Hi Tammy,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via support ticket and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mooney694
Community Member

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a Freelancer account but when asked to verify my phone number I never do receive a verification code text (5-digit code). 

Thanks

Ron **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ron,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mooney694
Community Member

Thanks Bojan for your reply. I look forward to working with one of your agents soon.

Ron

jakehitz
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to finish my profile for Upwork. However after entering my number I did not receive the verification code and cannot proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jake, 

I've shared this with the Customer Support Team and they will get back to you through an email to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello, I cannot receive texts, yet I still have to confirm my new account. I can only receive messages via email, how can I do this when this is not an option?

Hi Lorise,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
jilldaniels8
Community Member

Hi, I am also trying to join Upwork but I am not receiving a code after entering my number into the prompt. I waited for a while but I never received a code. Is there anyway I can get in contact with support so I can get that resolved?

Hi Jillian,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there,

I just received a text verification code, thank you for your assistance!
Thanks,
Jillian Daniels

I am experiencing the same issue. I have tried clearing out my browser and tried different internet browsers, but nothing happens after I enter my telephone number and click the green “Verify Phone Number” button. Any support would be greatly appreciated so that I can complete my profile.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephanie,

I've shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your phone verification process. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jexrex
Community Member

I'm having the exact same issue when trying to complete my profile; I'm on Chrome and have tried other browsers, and am also entering it in the format suggested on the thread, but have not received any text messages.  Please help, thanks!

Hi Jezreel,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your phone verification process. Thank you.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
emobe
Community Member

Hello, I am not receiving phone verification code.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eduardo,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
emobe
Community Member

Hello, I signed up today but I haven't recieved the phone verification text and can't procceed with creating my profile.

jessicalnewell
Community Member

Hi  - I am having the same issue. I did try different browsers and cleared my cookies/history.

The button to verify the phone number is not working. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jessica. One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your assistance, but I received my code a few hours after I
signed up. Thank you anyways, but I no longer need your assistance.

Thank you for your help!
korey_bennett
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

During account creation, I am receiving a message stating I failed to verify the phone number being used and to try a different phone number. I keep trying different numbers but receive the same message. 

Please advise on how I can verify the account. 

Thanks!

Hi Korey, 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist with the verification. 

You'll get an email notification about it shortly.

~ Valeria
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Brandon,

One of our customer support agents will be reaching out to you via email to assist you with phone verification. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
vturn
Community Member

I am also unable to receive a text message verification code. When I click on the "Continue" button, it prompts me for a phone number, but nothing happens. I have tried clearing the cache and using a different browser, but it still doesn't work. So basically I am stuck at my profile page, and cannot continue with anything.

Can someone please reach out to me and tell me how to fix this?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vicky,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, I have the same exact problem.

I enter my phone number and it doesn't send any text with a code. Please have someone contact me so we can resolve this directly. Thank you.

Best,

Marko

Hi Marko,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further with phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kharv8295
Community Member

Hello,

Unfortunately I am having similar problems with receiving a verification text message.

Hi Kenya,

I just checked your account and I can see that you have successfully verified your phone number, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
thebiguy
Community Member

Im unable to verify my phone number. I get the error message:

" You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

a proper US mobile phone number is being used. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Matthew,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your phone verification process. Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mauritacard
Community Member

I have just singed up, filled up the forms but I am stuck cause I did not receive the code to verify my phone number. Please help!!

Hi Maurita,

I checked this for you and it looks like your phone number was successfully verified. Could you please clear your cache and cookies and/or try to use a different browser to log in to your account and check if the issue persists after this. Please let us know if it does and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello!

I am also having an issue where I input my phone number into the field and press "verify phone number" and nothing is happening. 

If someone could assist me as well, that would be tremendous. 

Thank you in advance

Tyler

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths