cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Jessica N Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
1351 of 1,494

I am trying to submit my application for freelancing but got stuck on the phone number verification step. It is giving me an error message saying "this phone number is already in use, please verify another number". This is my only phone number and I have not already registered an account with UpWork so not sure how my number is already in use. I don't know how to proceed...

Thanks for your help!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1352 of 1,494

Hi Jessica, 

I apologise for the inconvenience. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Shey U Member Since: Oct 14, 2019
1353 of 1,494

I never received a verification code and the phone number input field is locked in so I can't change that either.

Shazzad H Member Since: May 26, 2012
1354 of 1,494

Since you mentioned the phone number input section is blocked. Now you cannot add another number for verification. In this case, the best solution is to contact Upwork support.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1355 of 1,494

Hi Shey, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I have shared your concern and account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Alexandra B Member Since: Sep 21, 2019
1356 of 1,494

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to finish my profile on Upwork and having difficulty getting past the phone number verification. The "Phone Number" screen has a green checkmark and says, "Verified," however when I proceed to the "Go to Enter Code" page, I see an error message saying "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number."

When I click resend code, nothing happens.  I live in the United States and my mobile number is legitimate, please help!! Thank you!

-Alex

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1357 of 1,494

Hi Alexandra,

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused to you. This is a known issue and our engineers are looking into it. Our team will keep you updated regarding this issue directly via your existing support ticket.

We appreciate your patience while our team is working on fixing this issue.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Laura Z Member Since: Oct 15, 2019
1358 of 1,494

Hello! I'm new and trying to set up my profile and the phone verification isn't working, so I'm stuck at that screen. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

David M Member Since: Oct 15, 2019
1359 of 1,494

I'm having the same Issue. Did you ever get any assistance in dealing with this?

Laura Z Member Since: Oct 15, 2019
1360 of 1,494

Nothing yet. I've seen other threads were people were told to try different browsers, erase the number, try again. I tried all that with no luck.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS