🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
raponte23
Community Member

Hi there,

I have yet to receive my code and have tried clearing all of my cache and cookies as well as using a different browser. Any help would be deeply appreciated, thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
curtiskingcopy
Community Member

Hello, it says my phone number is already registered on the site but I've never created an account before, can someone help?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Curtis.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sabinejacobson
Community Member

I accidentally entered my phone number incorrectly when setting up my account. It will not allow me to edit the number because it has not been verified. Please advise. 

ladylion26
Community Member

Went to submit to receive the 5 digit verification code via text and I never got the text, please help.

Cynthia

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cynthia, and Sabine, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will get in touch with you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jaymey-smith
Community Member

hi, i need assistance in completing my profile. I havent received the phone verification pin. kindly assist.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jaymey.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
rachelmgrace
Community Member

I am currently making a new profile and accidentally inputted my phone number incorrectly for the verification code and now it won't let me change it to the correct number. Anyway to fix this?

njlecrenn
Community Member

I mistyped the last digit of my phone number and can not verify my account now. Can you please help me?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicole,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dragonfli
Community Member

I can't get past the phone verification because I entered a google voice phone number and am not getting the text verification code

Well, I did not use a google voice phone, and I still cannot get past this point. It continues to inform me that I didnt verify the phone number, and continues to reject my phone number. And, it appears there is no technical support, not even any customer service reps to assist, which leaves me with no choice but to remove my profile and find another site that actually has real people and a customer service. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi L, 

I'm sorry that the phone verification has inconvenienced you. Let me know if you still want to be assisted by a Customer Support representative, and I'll go ahead and request the team to reach out to you directly. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Since I saw this before removing my information, I will allow upwork to contact me and see if we can fix this issue and press forward with my profile being completed. Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi L, 

I will go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katie, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team, and they will get in touch with you to assist you with your issue.

~ Avery
Upwork
alexander895
Community Member

I'm facing a same issue in US mobile number? any one get any solution?

Regards,

Alexander L. Stahl

Tell The Bell

Hi Aleks, 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to you through an email to assist you with your concern. I apologise if this has caused you any inconvenience.

~ Avery
Upwork
oliviavc
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Would appreciate some help, thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Olivia.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
marla-ramos
Community Member

I changed the phone number but still same issue

Hi Marla,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jessieh92
Community Member

So I am trying to finish completing my profile and it asks to verify my phone number. Well apparently I entered an old number awhile ago and now when I enter my new one to send me a verification code it gives me an error and puts the old number back into it and I can't seem to figure it out. Any help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jessieh92
Community Member

Okay so they will be contacting me through this email ?##- Please type your
reply above this line -##

Hi Jessie,

The team member will reach out you using the email address associated with your Upwork account. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
dinh-tu
Community Member

I didn't get phone verification code.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dinh.

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
markslack
Community Member

Hello,

I've set up my profile to the point where I need to receive a text message verification from Upwork. I'm not receiving anythign despite repeated attempts. Any help?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mjbosher
Community Member

Hello,

I'm British but currently living in Ukraine. I am trying to complete the phone verification but I cant get

because it wont let me change the internation dialling code from (+44) The UK to (+38) Ukraine and I only have a Ukrainian number at the moment.

What can I do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist further in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
camille-porter
Community Member

I am trying to set up my account. I have to enter my phone number but I keep getting a message that says it is already being used for another account. Can you help me?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Camille.

~ Bojan
Upwork
flowhance
Community Member

Hello there,

I'm trying to change my phone number for verification purposes (Entered the wrong one by mistake) and can't find the option. Community help please. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Davis,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Upwork
flowhance
Community Member

Thank you
centralokweb
Community Member

I entered the wrong phone number during setup and cant change it to recieve the verification code.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths