🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Beth, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello!

I am having trouble verifying my phone number while trying to create my profile. I've sent the verification code numerous times and even re-entered my phone number, but I've still received nothing! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Najah.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pouyania
Community Member

Same Issue! Tried all I could, even reset my phone. No text. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pouya,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bensonrebekah
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Will a team member please reach out thank you!

Hi Rebekah, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can get in touch with you and assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork

It's been almost a week and I haven't heard from customer support by phone or email. Would you be able to esclate, or follow up on my ticket. Thank you!

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Rebekah.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect one of our agents to reach out to you directly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you for your assitance, they responded very quickly.

ktina1027
Community Member

Hello everyone!  I am new here.  I am trying to finish my profie and there is a part where you verify your phone number.  I have yet to recieve a code via text.  Is anyone able to help?  Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Simba and Kristina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ktina1027
Community Member

Thank you!
simba_m
Community Member

Hi I'm also having this issue with the no text

sbrook624
Community Member

I'm trying to verify my phone number but its not letting me click the green button to generate a code. How do I get it to actually send me a code?
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Stephanie, 

Could you please confirm if the button remains unresponsive you clear your cookies or use a different browser? 

Let me know so that I can assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
sbrook624
Community Member

Yes - Ive tired chrome and safari and cleared my cookies. The button is
there, the hand is there but it won’t let me click through to anything.

mediasafety
Community Member

I have an English address but an American phone number as I'm on Google Fi (I work remotely so its the most practical SIM to have). Therefore I can't confirm my number as it automatically loads a +44 dialling code! Help!

Carly G wrote:

I have an English address but an American phone number as I'm on Google Fi (I work remotely so its the most practical SIM to have). Therefore I can't confirm my number as it automatically loads a +44 dialling code! Help!

When you say you "work remotely" - just where DO you currently work?

Your profile must be set to where you are physically located, not where you "have an address" and at least your computer seems to think you're not actually physically in the UK at the moment?

I am in the UK, my computer thinks so too. 

I have an address in the UK because that's where I LIVE. 

I have an American number because Google Fi offers the best coverage around the world without having to swap out SIMs (& therefore numbers). It means my clients in the UK can always contact me when I'm travelling. 

lmguardia
Community Member

I am trying to open an account. I am abroad, I don’t have roaming, just wifi. I can’t fill my application because I cant get the confirmation on my cellphone. What other options do I have?

Laura G wrote:
I am trying to open an account. I am abroad, I don’t have roaming, just wifi. I can’t fill my application because I cant get the confirmation on my cellphone. What other options do I have?

Then either wait until you are "back home" again or simply set your location to where you really live, Panama.

There is no point pretending to live in New York, it'll go wrong latest when it comes to the mandatory ID verification...

I live in NY, spending time in Panama. I need to change the cellphone I had in the application, my real cellphone, for my husbands that has roaming abroad so I can complete the verification with a code.

How can I change the phone if it is fixed?

Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about your concern, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Laura.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lisahollenbeck
Community Member

I cannot get a code for phone verification either.  I would like to activate my account as soon as possible so if someone could reach out to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Thank you for reaching out to us, Lisa.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
dianalauderdale
Community Member

Hello!  I am trying to create my Upwork account, however, I am not able to verify my phone number.  I entered all my profile info and clicked the "Continue" button.  In the popup box, I enter my phone number in and click the "Verify Phone Number" button, but then nothing happens.  I have tried different Internet browsers and nothing has worked.  Could you please help me?  Thanks so much!

Hi Diana,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
colemccully
Community Member

I am trying to use my new number to verify but when i enter it. it gives me an error "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." and reverts to my old number. this is during initial profile creation.

Hi Cole,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with phone verification.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

There are a lot of new users that have this problem. I have been waiting
for tech support to reach out to me for some time now.

Hi John,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and someone from our team will reach out to you soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review the issue and provide a solution.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
kiks_722
Community Member

I'm having an issue, similar to other users, where I'm not receiving the verification code text message and therefore cannot complete my profile. I've tried different web browsers, erasing the cache, clearing the phone number and reentering it, and now I'm all out of ideas. 

Hi Kiki,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy fo the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
casaussara
Community Member

I am unable to complete my profile as I'm not receiving my text verification pin. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sara, 

I checked your account and can see that you have verified your mobile number already. Let me know if you need further help with anything. 

~ Avery
Upwork

It won't allow me to complete my profile. I get an alert that I failed to verify my phone number and it blocks my access to review and post my profile. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sara, 

The team has confirmed that this is a known issue. They will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
reidnach
Community Member

I am having a problem trying to complete my profile. I'm on the last step where you need to verify your phone number, which Upwork says I have verified. The only option it gives me is to enter code, which I've already done, but then doesn't allow me to enter the code. Not sure what I need to do to fix this and complete my profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths