🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

I have the same problem. I am not getting confirmation code on my phone. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad Kashi,

I'm not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
blankken
Community Member

I am setting up my profile as a freelancer and successfully verified my email.  I am at the point where I need to verify my cell phone number and I am not receiving a code via text.  I have tried over a 24 hour period and also tried my wife's cell number.  Nothing.

Hi Ken,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I’m also having this issue with my phone number, it doesn’t seem to be working.

Hi Sean,

One of our team members will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you further with your text verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem, can someone help?

Hi Simona, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello. I am also having the same issue. I would like to verify my phone number via text but Upwork prompts that my number is already in use by another account. I don't have another account. Can I please get assistance.

Hi Mary, 

I checked your account and can see that a member of the team is assisting you through your support ticket already. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket if you have more information you wish to share regarding your issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same issue? How do I open a service ticket to get this resolved? 

Hi Hannah,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

same here

Alwyn The Mix Engineer

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alwyn

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
k2day
Community Member

same here. no text

Hi Keenan,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist directly in completing the text verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi I am also having this issue

Hi Melanie,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly in completing the phone verification process. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue, can someone help?

Hi Michael, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am also having this issue - I've tried over a couple of days and used 2 numbers but still not had a text! 

Hi Hannah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have tried repeadtly to verify my phone number, but have yet to receive a verification code. Can someone assist?

Hi Tamara,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist directly in completing the text verification process. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same problem, can someone help?

Hi Yating,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Having the same problem here.

Hi Tsubasa,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Im having this same problem can someone assist me?

Hi Jennifer,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team already reached out to you to assist in recovering your account. Please check your email and follow the steps they shared with you on the ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mrsrogerson
Community Member

I previously had an Upwork account. I am creating a new one to coincide more directly with the new business I just started. I updated my previous account with a different phone number so I can link my mobile number to the new Upwork account. I keep receiving the message "This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number." How can I correct this?

Thank you!

re: "I previously had an Upwork account. I am creating a new one to coincide more directly with the new business I just started."

Elizabeth:

You are not actually allowed to do that.

It is a serious violation of Upwork ToS for a freelancer to have multiple accounts.

If you have created a second account, then you will need to work with Upwork Customer Support to close all but your original account.

There is no button or user interface tool for doing this.

If you work with Upwork, they'll help you. If you don't work with them, and if they find this on their own, then Upwork could suspend and/or terminate all of your accounts.

Preston,

Thank you! I will take the time to read through the Service Terms and eagerly await help from Upwork Support.

Elizabeth R wrote:

I previously had an Upwork account. I am creating a new one to coincide more directly with the new business I just started. I updated my previous account with a different phone number so I can link my mobile number to the new Upwork account. I keep receiving the message "This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number." How can I correct this?

Thank you!

Elizabeth,

Preston is right about not being allowed more than one account on Upwork. However, Upwork now makes it possible to showcase different skills on your account, so you can still add your change of direction. 

I have flagged your post so that a moderator can help you sort this out. In the meantime, you could read Upwork's Terms of Service  to avoid a possible suspension.

Nichola,

Thank you!!

Hi Elizabeth,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a username and email address of your old account. I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
hannahsam31
Community Member

I am facing the same issue and nothing I’m reading online is fixing the problem.

Hi Hannah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mister2d
Community Member

While filling out my profile, I've gotten to the phone verification where I was sent a sms text message. After entering and verifying the code successfully the process seems hung and won't progress past this point.

I cannot submit any proposals until this is fixed..

Please help
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dana, 

I checked your account and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please know that this is a known issue and the team is working to resolve it. I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and someone from their team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths