cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Gleb L Member Since: Feb 22, 2019
421 of 1,173

Hello, 

I am trying to create an Upwork account, but I am currently unable to verify my phone number because I am outside the United States. I live and work in the US but currently I am in Russia visitig family and my US phone number won't work while I am here. Is there any way to bypass the phone verification until I get back to the US? 

Thank you.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
422 of 1,173

Hi Gleb,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Joey M Member Since: Feb 22, 2019
423 of 1,173

Hey team,

Been 5+ minutes without getting an SMS code to verify my phone to create my account. Might be a problem?

424 of 1,173

Hi Joey,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly to assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Pete W Member Since: Feb 25, 2019
425 of 1,173

I have the same problem.  Tried the suggestions nothing changes.

426 of 1,173

Hi Pete,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jennifer R Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
427 of 1,173

I started my profile weeks ago and I opted out of the verification step, and I still cannot get my account approved. I am extremely frustrated!

428 of 1,173

Hi Jennifer,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jesse V Member Since: Feb 25, 2019
429 of 1,173

When I reach the phone verification in my profile, I enter number, click on button and nothing happens. I do this in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and get the same result. I can't move passed this so I am at a stand still.

Help?

430 of 1,173

Hi Jesse,

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS