🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
natalie_mal
Community Member

Hi,
I entered phone number when trying to set up profile but I never received code for verification after trying multiple times.
Help?

Hi Natalya, 

A member of the Customer Support Team wil reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello! I'm having the issue that appears to be afflicting a lot of other people. I try to submit my phone number, and immediately get a message saying that I failed to verify the phone number.

Thank you for reaching out to us, April.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yea i seem to have the same problem i never got a verification message sent. Can someone please contact me to help.

Hi Muhsin and John,

I have shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi.

I have been trying to update my profile and on continuing it takes me to the verification code screen. My old phone number is logged. When I try to use my new number I get the error message 'you failed to verify this number, please provide a different number'. I cannot get past this screen.
nikkialollie13
Community Member

I am having an issue with the phone number verification where after I fill the form and it asks me for my phone number of 6 characters, but don't you need my full number? It won't let me do anything.

Hi Nikkia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
mhoard8110
Community Member

Trying to complete my profile. I get to the phone number verification. I enter my number and ... “ You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.” keeps coming up. Won’t allow me to verify. It’s literally my only number.

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and will assist you directly in completing the phone verification step. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Leah,

I checked your account and saw that you already reached out to our team directly. One of our team members will update your ticket and assist you further with your concern. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gossjulie
Community Member

I entered my phone  number to verify my profile and I never received a text. When I tried again, it tells me that I failed to verify that phone number and to enter a different number. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julie, 

I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
vlad_khr
Community Member

Hello. The phone is not getting sms verificaiton code.
What am I going to do to verify my telephone number?

grimesr
Community Member

I am not sure if this will help, but many people use free inbound text message service like https://freephonenum.com/ You can get activation codes this way.

Also, if you are in NY, why is your time on your profile 4pm? Maybe you have the wrong timezone?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vlad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2b7d0232
Community Member

I'm trying to set up my first freelancing account, but someone else is using my phone number. I don't have any other phone numbers to use. Could an admin contact me, please?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charles, 

I've shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
jamesmonsour
Community Member

Using my girlfriends computer, I mistakenly entered my number into her profile tab. She logged into her account and already removed mine for her number fixing it. but now when i go to use my phone number for a security code text log in, it says its already being used for another profile, when its not.

Hi James, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your account concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9ee29a0c
Community Member

Hi, I am having the same problem - i try to send the verification and i dont get a text..
Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Dan.

~ Bojan
Upwork
goldartconsult
Community Member

I cannot get a text to verify myself

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ac3d9596
Community Member

Cleared cache/cookies and tried different browsers (chrome, edge). 

Tried restarting mobile.

I use Google Fi carrier.

Would appreciate some assistance!

cameronlmeier
Community Member

I keep getting this message when trying to confirm my account. I do not recall creating an account with my phone number. Does anyone know how to fix this issue so I can register?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Cameron and Jason.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
heatherr1985
Community Member

I have tried twice to create an account on Upwork. I fill in all the info after logging in and then click the button at the bottom of the page to verify my cell phone number. When I enter my cell phone number it says that my phone number is linked to another account but I have never created another account with my phone number before. How can I fix this so I can start working on Upwork?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Heather

Hi Heather, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
elyse_golden
Community Member

I am having this problem as well. I click verify and it says "phone number failed to verify"

Hi Elyse, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your account concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
d917399f
Community Member

Hello, I am in the same position. I also tried the steps recommended in earlier threads on this chat to no avail. 

Hi Bill,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
argormley
Community Member

I also have not received the text message verification code, I tried in the app in safari in google chrome and Firefox.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi April, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same for me. Support contacted me to fix the issue a few months ago, but things were busy and I never followed through. Can someone please contact me? Thank you!

Hi Erika, 

Kindly refer to your ticket with Ticket #27152978 for more information about your concern. Feel free to follow up on the same ticket thread if you need further assistance about your account issue. 

~ Avery
Upwork
grimes9
Community Member

I am trying to complete my profile, and it is saying I need to verify my phone number. When I enter my phone number and click the button "verify phone number" nothing happens. The screen doesn't change, I don't receive a text or call, etc. Nothing happens.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths