🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
075523b0
Community Member

Hi--I am also having the same problem. It says my phone number is already being used by a different account.

Thanks!

Isabelle and Abigail,

I'll have our support team reach out to you the both of you directly and assist with your phone verification issues.

You'll receive email notifications when support requests are created. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
sgw144
Community Member

I'm having the same problem, and was wondering if you could help

Hi Shamshawan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your verification process.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Someone did reach out to me, and asked me what time they could contact me. I still haven't gotten a call, so I don't understand what the problem is.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update, Shamshawan.

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sgw144
Community Member

Alright, thank you
8cdaa0b6
Community Member

I am having the same problem can someone help me, the bot is not helping.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Micaela,

It looks like you were able to verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ivy_vasquez
Community Member

Hello,

I am also having the same issues as everyone else on this thread.   I keep getting an error message that says "you failed to provide verification for this phone number. please provide a different number". Can you please assist?

I have tried to input a different phone number where I can receive the text, however it is still giving me issues. 

Hi Ivy, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having issues setting up my account. I type in my phone number and it says it is being used by another account. Please help. 

Hi Claire, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cameron_clouse
Community Member

I never received a code to verify my phone.

Hi Cameron,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ok, thank you!
kierstencreative
Community Member

Hi,I just tried to set up my account and it told me that my cell phone number is already in use and it won't let me finish my account. I've had this cell number for over 10 years.

The error I get is 'This number is being used by another account'

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Hi Kiersten,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
marin-keo
Community Member

Hello, I'm having difficulties verifying my phone. When prompted to enter my number I get an error messages saying that I have'nt verified my phone and need to use a different number. Any ideas?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marin, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
yevhen_lukin
Community Member

Hello,

I have a problem finishing up my profile.
On the mobile verification step, I see the error `You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number`. But I'm using my valid US number.

Best regards,
Yevhen Lukin

Hi Yevhen, 

I went ahead and shared your concern with the Customer Support Team. They will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
ferraro_rich
Community Member

I may have had a previous Upwork account as an employer. I am now setting up an account as a freelance. the last step is to enter a mobile number. When I do it says it is used by another user.

Hi Rich, 

I checked and was unable to identify the client account you are referring to. To be able to assist you further, a member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you soon.

~ Avery
Upwork
lhughes0
Community Member

I am at step 11 of the profile information set-up, marked "Enter security code." I entered my telephone number, The system requests, "Enter verification code." However, I am not receiving any telephone call, and thus no message with a "security code." I have repeatedly requested the code, and have even re-entered the telephone number, and still nothing. Te telepohne does not ring, as if the Upwork system is just not working. (Indeed, it seems that Upwork may not be working well because, on the prior step, where one is supposed to enter the "city," entering the city does not work, and instead I had to use the name of the county.) I am getting suspicious that Upwork is a scam and should not be trusted. Is there a telephone number where I can call Upwork and confirm if there is a real person there, or if this is a scam?

Hi Lawrence,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your application. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

There should be a better way of doing this.

dulic_tijana
Community Member

Hello there!

I am trying to finalize setting up my upwork account, but for some reason I am not receiving the verification code on my mobile number. 

Could you please assist me.

Thank you so much in advance,

Tijana Dulic

Hi Tijana,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
adam_roman
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Tried to add my phone number in both Firefox and Microsoft Edge.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kerrie_k
Community Member

Can anyone help?

When creating my profile it says that my phone number is already in use try a different one.. Can anyone help me? I do not remember making an account nor have access to upwork with any other emails..

Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kerrie.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
crisluvsjacob
Community Member

I'm having this problem as well.  I need my account verified.  Thanks!

Cristina

Hi Cristina,

I've shared your account details with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
senanurarslan
Community Member

Hello,

While logging into my account, in the 2nd step, I cannot get any sms or email verification code. I have tried it so many times. Please help me to log into my account.

Hi Sena,

I would just like to confirm, are you trying to verify your phone number? I checked your account, and it looks like you are still in the process of completing it. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
maryphilipps
Community Member

I have been trying to verify my account but are not receiving any of the text messages. I have put my number in multiple times. I have also put my husband's in just in case it was my phone number. NO luck. How do i get started if I can't get past this verification?

Thanks

kayleighttaylor
Community Member

I'm trying to create my profile, but I can't verify my phone number. I enter my phone number and click verify but nothing happens.

Hi Kayleigh,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths