🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

I'm having the same issue and all the links below to open a ticket do not work. 

Hi Marcus, 

I checked this for you and it looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm also experiencing the same problem when I input my number. The same error appears: "This number is being used by another account"

Please help me as I can't create a support ticket.

Hi Kevin,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran!

Looking forward to getting the ticket.

I'm getting the same problem - says this number is already in use, and therefore it stops me setting up an account. Would appreciate some assistance on this please.

Hi Quin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same issue and can't figure out how to submit a help ticket! Thanks!

Hi Brenna,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
randall_klemisch
Community Member

I cannot create an account because I cannot verify my phone number because it says there is another account using my number. I am new to Upwork and have had my phone number for 12 years. How can I complete my account verification with my own phone number?

Hi Randall,

I’ve shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
leokowalski
Community Member

I am attempting to create a profile and am not receiving a confirmation text when I enter my phone number. I wanted to know how to possibly resolve this issue.

Hi Leo,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you in completing the phone verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
designsby-ash
Community Member

Hey! I can't seem to get the code to my phone. I did all necessary restart steps. Please help out support team. Thank you in advance 🙂 

Hi Ashley,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you in completing the phone verification process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
rmstraughen
Community Member

I am new to upwork, and am attempting to setup my account.  I am stuck on the phone verification step; the code is not being sent to my phone.  I have checked the phone number several times, and tried "resending code" as well.  Please advise.

Rebekah M. Straughen

Hi Rebekah,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to upwork, it seems this is a known problem. I was not provided a 5 digit verification code to my phone number no matter how many times I tried while signing up, and cannot proceed.

Hi Mathew, 

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
73c945c0
Community Member

Hi

Inmanaged to register all the way to the final page,which asks for phone number to verify. However,the area where it asks to enter the number is greyed out and does not allow any numbers to be typed ?
I have tried various browsers including chrome but same issue.

Hi Neil,

I'm sorry to hear about this. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jennikeatts
Community Member

I got a new phone so I lost access to my old authentication app so I tried to change the Upwork app to text me a code, but it requres I type in the 6digit code through my authentication app. What do I do?

Hi Jennifer,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am having the same issue, I have changed the phone and it asks for authentication from App, I have my phone number enrolled as well and it did not give me the option to authenticate via the phone number.

Please help me with this matter.

Hi Ghazanfar,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
drewayson
Community Member

Hi Upwork team, I have a concern regarding my agency and freelancer account. I have already changed my phone number but when I'm trying to access the settings, the system used my old phone number to send an OTP for verification. I can't change my information in the settings because of this.  Hope for immediate resolution of this. Thank you and God bless!

Hi Andrew,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with updating your phone number. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for your response. I have a problem accessing the support ticket link because it keeps redirecting to the job landing page. What should I do ?

Hi Andrew,

You should be able to access the ticket in your email as the copy is being sent there.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
205fb64b
Community Member

When setting up my account, on the phone number verification step, it's grayed out and won't let me enter my phone number. Please help.

Hi Kristin,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with that. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
21af0cc4
Community Member

I keep receiving an error message for two-step telephone verification. When I enter my telephone number it says that this my number is already in use on another account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Keith.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
joangalula
Community Member

Hi,I lost my phone and got a new one and would like to change the phone number on the account...I cant seem to find the option to do that in my profile. Help please...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joahnna,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with updating your phone number. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
joeylynch
Community Member

Hello,

I did not receive a text message to verify my identity. I am not sure why the code wouldn't send and I can no longer request a code.

Thanks,

Joey Lynch

Hi Joey,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

When can I expect to hear from someone?

Hi Joey,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents has already reached out to you. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

Not only is the link you sent me broken, but there are no open disputes. The dispute center shows no sign that anyone has contacted me. Am I wasting my time here?

Joey

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths