cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
691 of 804

Hi Gail,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jesica W Member Since: Jun 15, 2019
692 of 804
I haven’t received my verification code for starting my profile and I’ve resent the code max amount of times and still nothing... help!
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
693 of 804

Hi Jesica,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly with your phone verification process. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Hayat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
694 of 804
Hello, I've read that many people here have had this problem before.. I'm currently stuck on the phone verification page after I created my profile. I made sure to follow instructions and my phone number is a functional us based number. The button on that page don't click and I can only go back. I won't receive anything and I can't bypass the page. Please help!
695 of 804

Thank you for reaching out to us, Hayat.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jason M Member Since: Jun 18, 2019
696 of 804

I recently set up an account on UpWork and it asked for my phone number for verification, but it told me that it's being used by another account! I don't ever recall setting up an account before. Can anyone please help me get past this problem?

UPDATE: Nevermind.. I had a duplicate account. I delete it  so the problem is fixed.

Elyse C Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
697 of 804

I recently signed up to Upwork and I have yet to receive a verification code. Could someone please assist me on getting the code and setting up my account? Thank you.

698 of 804

Hi Elyse,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ashley S Member Since: Jun 20, 2019
699 of 804

I tried to create a profile, got to the phone verification and it says my number is already in use. There are no steps to reset a number, or contact tech support to help with that. I've never had an account before. The only message about it has a broken link to 'create a ticket'. I can't do that. 

I tried to delete the entire account, even if it is a scam and they have all my personal information and I can't do that becasue I never fully created my profile because my number couldn't be verified. 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
700 of 804

re: "Is this even real or did I just give a scam my address?"

You're asking if Upwork is a scam?

No. It is not a scam.

You got to a step where it asked for phone verification, and you found that your current phone number was said to be "already in use"?

Yes. That happens on rare occasions.

This happens for one of two possible reasons:

a) You have previously used this site, or a predecessor version of this site (such as oDesk).

[or]

b) Another person had an account. That person at that time had the same phone number that you have now.

re: "I tried to delete the entire account..."

That is not easily done at this point.

If you want to continue using Upwork, you will need to work with Customer Support in order to resolve the phone number issue. If you no longer want to use Upwork, then just remove any information you entered, and stop going to the Upwork.com site. Nothing bad will happen to you. If somebody else had your phone number once upon a time, and used it to create an account, then the account in question has THEIR personal information. Not yours. So it has nothing to do with you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS