cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1471 of 1,554

Thank you for reaching out to us, Catherine.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Catherine W Member Since: Nov 13, 2019
1472 of 1,554
Thank you!
Matt K Member Since: Nov 12, 2019
1473 of 1,554

My phone number I still use is locked into an old service purchasing account I had with a company I am no longer with. The email belongs to the company so I cannot easily do an account with that now, but, my number is stuck in that account and it is not letting me finalize creating a personal account now.

Vu P Member Since: Nov 6, 2019
1474 of 1,554

Hi, I'm having a similar issue.  I used my personal phone number to verify an account at my previous employer.  Now when I try to create my own personal Upwork account, the system is saying my number is being used by another account.  I've asked my previous employer to remove me from the team in Upwork, but it's still not working.  Can you please help?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1475 of 1,554

Hi Vu, 

I was unable to locate the account you are referring to. On Upwork, users are only allowed on account. In this case, the other account needs to be closed. If you have the time, please send me a private message with the details of your old account so that I can look into it. 

-Avery
Untitled
Clare Q Member Since: Nov 12, 2019
1476 of 1,554

I've been trying to set up an account and I got through all of the steps to set up my profile except the last one. When I tried to enter in my phone number, it says, "This number is being used by another account." I have never set up an Upwork account in the past. How do I fix this? I don't have any other numbers to send a code to. 

1477 of 1,554

Hi Claire, 

I checked and was able to locate another account with a similar name to you. I'm not sure if you may have created this account, but I'll share this with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
1478 of 1,554

Hi Matt, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

-Avery
Untitled
Matt K Member Since: Nov 12, 2019
1479 of 1,554
Thank you so much!
Vipin Kumar G Member Since: Aug 11, 2019
1480 of 1,554

Hi Team,

my mobile no is not updating it is showing that it is using in another account, so please remove from other account for update in this account.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Vipin Garg

**edited for Community Guidelines**

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS