🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Joyce,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork
banaabananaz
Community Member

Hi!

I'm trying to reactivate my account again and wanted to edit my profile but can't have access to it since I registered and verified an old number that I have no longer access to. How can I change this?

Would love some help! thanks!

Hi Azriel,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
formershyguy
Community Member

I'm based in Redmond, Washington but we have been stuck in Colombia visiting my wife's family since the pandemic/lockdowns.  We should be back next month or April.  

In the meantime, can they verify my account with email instead of text?  Otherwise, can they verify using my Colombian number (for the next few weeks we will be in Colombia)?

Hi Jeff,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
laremy25
Community Member

I need to have my account send the code via SMS or some other method for me to confirm my identity.  I recently upgraded my phone and the authenticator app information didn't transfer.

Hi Laremy,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
christianramir90
Community Member

Hi. I am new to Upwork. I write down my phone number. When I click the submit button nothing happens. Can I get some help to complete my profile? Thank you.

Hi Christian,

~ Joanne
Upwork
kevintheaudioguy
Community Member

Hello! I'm setting up my account and when I get to the end the system keeps rejecting my phone number, but the error box that pops up doesn't say what the problem is, it's just a mostly blank rectangle with a red exclamation point. I tried entering two different numbers, no joy.

Help?

Hi Kevin,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
8aec29b9
Community Member

Hi,
I find myself stuck on the final step of profile creation. When I click verify phone number, it tells me something went wrong and to please try again later. The number is certainly correct and active.

Hi Oliver,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3d1f0455
Community Member

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a new Upwork account but on the phone verification process I keep getting the error "Something went wrong. Please try again". I have tried clearing cache, different browsers and even a different computer. None of this has fixed my issue. Any suggestions?

Hi Shea,

~ Joanne
Upwork
dylancprince
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to complete my profile, and every time I enter my correct and active phone number for a verification code, I am met with a message that states, “! Something went wrong. Please try again later.” I found other topics with similar issues but none of the information was helpful, they were only told that they would be personally contacted by an Upwork representative.

Thanks for your help,
Dylan Prince

I get that error for everything I do now lol Submit a milestone? Error. Close a contract? Error. Open a contract? Error.

Hi Dylan,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
27139c81
Community Member

I was a Freelancer on Elance (prior it becoming UpWork).  Now, I am unable to create a new profile on Upwork due to the message "This number is being used by another account".  How can I resolve this matter quickly,

Hi Regina,

~ Joanne
Upwork
1b7b1cde
Community Member

Hi there, I've tried various browsers but the text message to verify my account is not coming through. Can someone help me with this so I can complete my profile?

Thanks so much.

PS. It seems as though hundreds of people have had this same issue... https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/I-didn-t-receive-a-text-message-verification-code/td-p...
Should this be looked into by the developers rather than making support tickets each time? I feel sorry for the folks in the support team having to fix this on an individual basis. That's some serious triaging mis-management. 

Hi Chloe,

We appreciate you reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties receiving the text verification code. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further on how to proceed with the verification. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while we address this issue. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths