cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Ronnie M Member Since: Feb 11, 2020
1911 of 2,959
I recently decided to finish signing up for Upwork (I had an old account that was only half filled out when signing up). My phone number will not work, since it says it wasn’t verified previously so I can’t try it again. I tried my secondary phone number, but when I try to verify it, the number in the box changes to the first one and it says that number won’t work.
Edward H Member Since: Oct 5, 2019
1912 of 2,959

Hi,I am unable to verify my phone number in Upwork, so I cannot finish my profile.I am in the USA and my number is a US number.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
1913 of 2,959

Thank you for reaching out to us, Edward.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Emmanuelle L Member Since: Feb 11, 2020
1914 of 2,959
Hi Upwork team,
I am trying to create a profile but cannot get past the phone verification step. It keeps trying to send the verification code to my US number although I currently have a Singapore number (it also will not let me change the country code when I attempted to input my current number). I cannot submit a request with Customer Support until I verify my phone number... Is there a way to send the code to my email? Any help is appreciated!
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
1915 of 2,959

Hi Emmanuelle, 

A member of the team will reach out to you to assist you with more information about your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Burnie B B Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
1916 of 2,959

Hi, 

My permanent address is in the US but I live abroad in Vietnam for a large part of the year. My phone number is a Vietnamese number so, I can't get verification code. Can this be done by other means?

1917 of 2,959

Hi Burnie B,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us here if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Bob M Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
1918 of 2,959

The site will not accept my phone number. It says the number belongs to another account. This is not true.

1919 of 2,959

Hi Bob,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Tam L Member Since: Feb 12, 2020
1920 of 2,959

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS