Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2951 of 2,969

Hi Randi,

I've escalated your concern to our team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you in verifying your phone number. 

-Joanne
Untitled
audreylk
Audrey K Member Since: Dec 16, 2020
2952 of 2,969

I am unable to change the email on my account - I had an account with an email that I want to use but I no longer have the phone associated with that account for verficiation. I can't receive verification code on the phone I don't have so I can't reset password so I can't access my account. I tried setting up a new account with a different email address so I could change the email address in that account to the email address I want to use but it won't let me change it to that email address because it's already in use (with the account I previously set up that I can no longer access because I no longer have the phone on the account). PLEASE HELP! The robot chat was no help!

tinker_bell3
2953 of 2,969

Hi Audrey,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already submitted a support ticket to the team. One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you directly in accessing your account. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Liz C Member Since: Dec 24, 2020
2954 of 2,969

Hello,

I'm setting up my account and when it comes to account verification via phone number it says my number is attached to another account. I tried logging in with previous emails but they are not registered with UpWork, so not sure why my number is in the system? 

Please Advise.

tinker_bell3
2955 of 2,969

Hi Liz,

I've escalated your concern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

-Joanne
Untitled
c_waller_dates
Christopher W Member Since: Mar 9, 2020
2956 of 2,969
I recently updated my phone number and now I'm unable to sign because the verification code is being to sent my old number. How can update my number if I don't have the old number anymore?
tinker_bell3
2957 of 2,969

Hi Christopher,

I've shared your concern to our team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

-Joanne
Untitled
f64032ab
Nick M Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
2958 of 2,969

Hello,

I was attempting  to set up my freelancer profile but got stuck on the phone number verification page. It indicates that my phone number is already connected to an account, even though I have never set up an upwork account before. How can I remedy this?

Thanks,

Nick

tinker_bell3
2959 of 2,969

Hi Nick,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

-Joanne
Untitled
joyce_valiente
Joyce V Member Since: Nov 22, 2018
2960 of 2,969

Hello,

I would like to get into the settings of my account. However, when I try to I am asked to enter a code for a phone number that I no longer have control of. I would like to update my phone number, but I can't. How can I access my settings and change my phone number?

Thank