🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981

Hi Marie,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Same issue as previous posters, have not recieved verification code, using Chrome on a Mac and have cleared cookies, tried re-sending twice, and nothing. Why is this verification code necessary? Seems like it would only be necessary if you were selling contact information? 

Hi Jessica, 

To help protect our users and our site, every interaction goes through a Security Verification Process, and the phone verification is one step in doing this. 

I'll have a member of the Customer Support Team reach out to you through email to assist you further with your phone verification. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you, I'm sure you can understand my concern, with personal online
security being a priority.

Hi, 

I am having the same issue, when I click the verify button it doesn't seem to do anything, are you able to help?

Thanks

Ian

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ian,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I still haven't recieved a verification code.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Georgia.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I did this and nothing changed.

I am having the same problem.  I've used different browsers, cleared out the cache and cookies, but I still have not received my code.  I even tried it on a different phone, but nothing.  I would like to finish off my account, but all tools lead to nowhere, and I would like to finish off my account.

Hi Donna,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have tried several times but still have not received a verification text for my telephone number.

Hello having issue receiving code to my phone for verfication 

i tried clear cookies and cache already still nothing,  looking for help with this issue

Hi Lamont,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly with your phone verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I did all these things, and the phone verification code is still not working for me. 

Hi Catherine, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi, I tried all of the options mentioned by Vladimir G yesterday, except using a different browser, and they all failed. 

Still haven't received my code I've tried as well.. Can someone please email me and let me know how to resolve this. Thank you

Hi Deanna,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with verifying your phone number, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I haven't received a code either even after trying a different number.

Hi Barbara, 

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am not receiving my verification code either

Hi Trey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having this issue as well.  When I click the link to send the code nothing happens.  

Hi William,

One of our team members will reach out to you and assist you directly, thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having this same problem.

Hi Jessica,

One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to assist you with your phone verification process, thank you. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm experiencing same issue
Would you please assist?
Thank you

I am also having issues in my end. My old phone got stolen and I can't verify my account. Please help.

Hi Slyde,

One of our agents will reach out and assist you in verifying your phone number. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,
Hope all is well.
My concern for not getting the verification code thru text is with my Upwork account associated to **Edited for Community Guidelines** not this email. I hope you would understand. Thank you.
Regards,Slyde B.

Need help. Can't enter phone number in step 11 of profile.

Hi Enjoli,

Can you please confirm if you're getting any error message? Is it telling you the phone number is in use? Please, let me know so I can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Me too! I'm in the process of creating my Upwork Profile and am having an issue with verifying my phone number. When I get to the point where I need to verify my phone number, I get the following error message: "You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number." When I try to input a different number, it automatically defaults to the original phone number. Please help! 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raissa,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Could you please help me with the same issue.

Hi Marcus,

We'll have a member of the team reach out to you directly to assist you with this.

~Nina

Hello,

I still haven't received support from Upwork yet.  Any idea how long it takes?

Thanks,

Marcus Ulloa

Hi Marcus,

I apologize for the delay in our team reaching back out to you. I have requested again that one of our team members get in touch with you as soon as possible but in the mean time, please try to clear your cache and cookies and remove and re-add your phone number again before attempting to generate another code. If this doesn't solve it, our support team will be able to further assist you as soon as you receive their support ticket.

~Nina

Hi Nina,

I also did not recieive a verification code. Would someone be able to contact me to sort this out?

Thank you!

Jamie

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths