🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
edfialk
Community Member

Hi I'm having the same problem. Nothing happens when I click verify phone number.

console error:**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ed,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
milenatrifonova
Community Member

Hello, I'm just setting up my account. I've added my current address which is in the UK, but I'm not from here. My phone number is with another country code, but the platform doesn't let me change the +44 country code, because it assumes I have a UK number. Which in a globalized economy that we live in is total BS, if you ask me because tomorrow I can live in Bali If I want to without a new number. This is why I'm a freelancer. 😄

So the platform doesn't let me go through without two-factor authentication. What do I do?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Milena.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am not receiving the text message after entering my number. Same issue as everyone else here.

Hi Colton, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
hahn_richard
Community Member

I had completed my new account profile. When adding my phone number for verification, a warning text appeared saying that my number was being used by another account. Huh?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Richard.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
gwinshiplpsp
Community Member

I haven't received a verification code via text yet, and I've pressed resend several times so far. Confusing. Also odd, during the "Location" part of the account creation process prior to this, there's no option to select a UK address. I like in Middlesbrough, UK - the nearest option to that is Middlesboro, Kentucky, but I definitely don't live in Kentucky. 😛

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you for reaching out to us, G.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jadajahnee
Community Member

I try to verify my phone number but i never receive a code in my text messages.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jada,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you for reaching out to us!

~ Bojan
Upwork
megrao
Community Member

Hi there, Im not receiving a verification code despite several attempts. Can you please help me out? Thanks in advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Meg,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello. I am having the exact same issue with verifying a phone number despite trying several web browsers. Is there any way I can get assistance?

Hi Spencer and Adrienne,

One of our team members will assist you directly via support ticket to help with your phone verification. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sgchristensen
Community Member

To whom it may concern,

The phone verification has been failing for the past hour. The response from the API is:

{"server_time":1575144577,"error":{"status":400,"code":400,"message":"Bad Request: Invalid parameter phone"}}

kristophero
Community Member

HELP,  been trying to complete my profile for 2 hours, I can't get the confirmation text to come through to my phone... Frustrating!

Hi Kristopher,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly with your phone verification. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
stuartnorfolk
Community Member

Ive had terrible trouble completing my profile. It was fine on the first page. I created the profile and hit Continue under the line, "Next, you'll be asked to verify your phone number for added security" which was fine. It then took me to a, "Set a security phone number" pop up box, but when I entered my phone number, however many times I clicked "Verify phone number" it did nothing.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance, Stuart

Thank you for reaching out to us, Stuart.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sergnnn
Community Member

Hi! I could not pass phone number verification, because I do not receive an SMS with code.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Serg.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mcubewebdesign
Community Member

Good Evening Everyone,

I am trying to set up my Upwork freelancer profile and I can NOT complete the phone verification step. I try to continue and it never sends the code to my phone. I have tried multiple browsers on my computer, multiple browsers on my phone, the Upwork app, and it never sends the code.

Please let me know what I need to do to get my profile up and running. Thank you.

Very Respectfully,

Zack H. Brady

Hi Zack, 

I'll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

~ Avery
Upwork
ginny-urquhart
Community Member

Hi! When I type in my phone number for text verification it is saying it is in use but I have never signed up before! Anyone know how I can get around this?

Hi Ginny, 

I'll go ahead and share your conern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
seibelstudio
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to complete my account and I cannot get a phone number verification code. I enter my number, click the "verify phone number" button and immediately get a warning message that I "Failed to verify phone number." No code sent to my phone. Seems like a website glitch.

Hi Scott and Christopher,

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
captchris76
Community Member

I am trying to sign up and the system says my cell phone is being used by another- I dont have another phone number and need to use this one, but it wont let me sign up

xanaduartstudio
Community Member

THABK YOU. HOW DO I REMOVE MYSELF FROM THIS THREAD.

Hi Margaret, 

Are you referring to unsubscribing from this thread? Please see the screenshot I attached below so that you can usubsribe from this Community thread. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 1.52.33 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
steamstudios
Community Member

I am having this issue as well. When I click the link to send the code nothing happens. I've tried on Desktop, mobile, Safari, Chrome, etc... nothing.

Hi Samson,

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
barbara_klaser
Community Member

I only have a land line. How do I verify my phone number on my new account?

Hi Barbara,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you! I look forward to getting started.

Barbara Klaser

marin_nicoleta
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to set up an account but I don't receive the text message confirmation code. Can you please help?

Hi Nicoleta, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
chareille_dora
Community Member

I can't change the country code for my phone number verification, I live in the UK but have an Irish phone number. Please advise.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths