cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive a text message verification code

Ijah S Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
531 of 994
I need to get started back up and my phone number is linked to an old account and won't let me verify. If my old account could be deactivated as the email I set up with it is no longer working.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
532 of 994

Hi Ijah, 

It looks like you were able to access your old account. Could you please close either one of your accounts as having more than one account is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Once one of the accounts is closed, please let us know so that our team can assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
Ijah S Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
533 of 994

I'm unable to delete the profile for **edited for Community Guidelines** due to the site not allowing me to leave the create profile page.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
534 of 994

Hi Ijah, 

Could you please confirm if you will continue using the old account? Once confirmed, I'll go ahead and close this new account for you. 

-Avery
Untitled
Hunter B Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
535 of 994

I was filling out my security phone number when I came across this...

You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.

I only have one number and can't verify it since it won't let me. Please help
Nadia F Member Since: Apr 5, 2019
536 of 994

Hi I am trying to set up my account as a freelancer, and I cannot verify my account with a phone number because my number is being used already.  Is there a way to figure out if I set up an account in the past?  And how do I remedy this?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
537 of 994

Hi Nadia,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jean-Claude K Member Since: Feb 9, 2019
538 of 994

Hi,

I cannot submit a proposal because i need to verify my phone first. I get an error message that says that I've changed my phone number too many times.. hence i can't get the code to verify my account.

Any advice?

Thanks

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
539 of 994

Hi Jean-Claude,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Clark J Member Since: Apr 6, 2019
540 of 994

I didn't receive a text message verification code

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS