🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
tedsimons
Community Member

Trying to set up an account for **Edited for community guidelines**and it says the phone number i am using is already in use.    How do I get this deleted?

Hi Ted,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
glennrudge
Community Member

My phone number changed. My account is set up for two factor authentication, so when I go to setting I'm asked to enter a code from my old number, however I no longer have SMS access with the old phone.

Is there any other way to log into my account?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Glenn,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Can someone check on phone number **Edited for Community Guidelines** and delete the old account that the number is associated with? I contacted help before but I think they only deleted the new account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Eljin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Still says phone number is in use. The phone number is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Eljin,

I can see a support ticket was opened to further assist you with this. Please consider following up on your ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, to keep all the information in one place so that our team can assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a7a9ab89
Community Member

I made an Upwork account months ago and never used it.  I can't remember my login email.  I made a new account today, but when I go to verify my phone number it won't let me because it's linked to the account I made months ago.  HELP!

Hi Dave,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
ecb5b5f3
Community Member

Hello,

My name is Shoon**Edited for community guidelines**and I've been working on Upwork since 2016. This account that I'm using right now is registered today to ask you guys a question here. So, the name of my account I wanna log in is Shoon**Edited for community guidelines**, don't care about this username and account at all. 

I recently moved to Singapore and my phone number has changed. I don't have access to the old phone number which is linked to Upwork's authentication. Every time I try to log into Upwork, they send an authentication code to my old phone number I don't have access for. I can't also change the verification method since I can't log in.

Help me get through this please.

Thank you,

Shoon **Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Choco,

Please send me a PM by clicking on my name so I can check this for you. You can click on my name to send a PM. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ecb5b5f3
Community Member

Hello Joanne, thank you for your reply. I sent you a PM. Please check and help me out. Thanks.

Hi Choco,

I have replied to your PM and will continue to assist you there. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I did not receive a verification code via text from Upwork. My phone and number are both active and no problem at all. Also, I just noticed there is no option to send it through email which I have used previously. I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Hi Allyzza,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eisman_sarah
Community Member

Hi,  

I am trying to set up a Freelance profile and the last step is phone verification.  My location currently is the USA but my phone number is still a Spanish number.   I am unable to change the country code on the telephone verification page to Spain.  I haven't found a way to get around this step.  Any help would be great.  

Hi Sarah,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your phone verification. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
batestilmaredi66
Community Member

I have a problem with my number in my accont since i havent use it for a year now. i wanna change it but my account ask for a text confirmation uing that number. is there any way i can do change it

Hi Maredith,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with changing your phone number. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
torreskhattak9
Community Member

Hello Upwork,

I am not receiving the 6 digits code on my cell phone when I log in to Upwork from my mobile, how ever when I click re send 2 times and then it sends code to my email and then I am able to log in.

Thanks,

Umair

Hi Umair,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b48b0ae3
Community Member

Hi 

I have created an account withUpwork but the final feature of the set up requires me to input my mobile number and receive a code by SMS.

My number is correct but I am not receiving the code. I used a 0 at the front, then removed the 0. Requested a code resend. 

Even changed my number to the same number in case I had mistyped it. 

But I am still not receiving the code. 

How can I resolve this please?

Hi Naima,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
queirozvisuals
Community Member

Hi, I can't access my old phone number. 
How can I change it?

Hi Nuno,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the phone number issue. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
artofmoeli
Community Member

Hi Guys, I'm trying to set up my account but I get a "phone number is already in use" message, does anyone have some advice on this? I don't remember ever making an account before this so I'm a little confused!

Hello Joel, 

Please raise a Case/Ticket with Upwork Support and meanwhile use an alternative number to keep using Upwork Platform.

https://support.upwork.com/ 

Thanks & Regards 

Paarth Jolly

Thanks very much, really appreciate the help!

Hi Joel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Joel. I am having a similar problem but I haven't been able to figure out how to create a support ticket. 

I am receiving a verification code on my phone number but when I enter it, absolutely nothing happens. So I can't verify my profile. I tried using a 2nd phone number but it said that number was already in use. Which I don't think is possible. Please assist.

At least with a link to create a ticket. This has been extremely frustrating. 

Hi Orinola,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having the same problem as the original poster, but the links to "support ticket" don't work.

This is particularly odd, since I have completed and been paid for work, but now Upwork is indicating that I need to verify my phone number, then saying the phone number is already in use.

Hi Christopher,

I've shared your concern with our team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket and assist you directly in verifying your phone number. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

How do I raise a csae ticket.  WHen I go to add my phone number i receive a message that it is already in use?  I never setup an account using upwork?  Please help

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your open ticket in a timely manner. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your request and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm having the same issue.  How do I get a case/ticket?

Thank you

-Basil R

Thank you for reaching out to us, Basil.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Having the same issue!

Hi Cayla,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths