🐈
» Forums » Support » I didn't receive my connect after a client co...
Page options
hadikallas
Community Member

Did not receive connects after interview

Hi!

I got interviewed around 36 hours ago for 2 PROPOSALS that I submitted. (Did not work with these clients before), but I only received 10 connects. Can you please check?

Also If I get invitation from clients who I never worked with, do I get connects?

Thanks
Hadi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,058 REPLIES 1,058

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

If you have any additional questions feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola S

Its 48 hours gone, I have still not yet received free connects, I have also raised the ticjet, but still issue is not resolved.

Would yoy kindly like to address it. Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the support team via a ticket here. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hi Paradeep.

Yesterday, I was interviewed by the client, but still, I have not received 10 free connects. Would you kindly like to check, what can be a reason?

Hi Muhammad,

Please allow 24 hours for interview Connects to be awarded to your account.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea G

It's almost 48 hours gone, still, I have not received free connects.

Hi Muhammad,

Please allow time for it to be automatically added to your account. If it's still not added within today, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne

Thanks for your reply, still I have not received free connects.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
02d3e798
Community Member

Hi

I have noticed that since the big update that connect credits for replying to jobs does not seem to take place very regularly and so it is hard to track if I have received the amount expected. Is this a deliberate change?

Secondly is anybody going to stop that message saying I can have a new profile type appearing everytime I open the site. Its been the same popup for months.

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

Are you referring to Connects credited back to you when a job is removed or for winning an interview? Usually, it can take up to 24 hours for the bonus Connects to be credited to your account. 

Regarding the pop up, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Thanks for the reply, I am talking about winning an interview. It seems it is now much longer than 24 hours, and they seem to come through in bulk after a few days so I wondered if it had been a change in procedure. Thanks

Hi Andrew,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details and screenshots from your end so that I can investigate this further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
362700dc
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I need some help and clarification here, I posted a question regarding missing 10 free connects after a client sent me contract and we got in touch, yesterday. One of the Upwork moderator has been in touch with me privately via message, however his respond mostly for me to check my connects history and didn't really answer me what happened or the solution.

I've been looking for information about specific condition, to which I couldn't find the answer.

Two days ago after I submitted a proposal, a client immediately sent me a contract, I replied him a sentence and he replied me a sentence too. Then I accepted the contract. Did the work in 40 mins, hit the green submission button. After a couple of hours he approved the payment. Everyone's happy.

The thing is, I didn't receive the "you get 10 connects for responding interview" the next morning and today (been two days now).

As suggested by the moderator, I checked my connects history and found that the job has been cancelled and saw that my connects have been returned (not sure when, why or who did that), but clearly I, and some few others, were hired and paid by the client. In fact, this client's contract is still active in my dashboard. Client did post his Youtube channel link in the job ad since the beginning, not sure if it's against Upwork's ToS (I saw the link's removed now)?

My question is, do we freelancers still not entitled to the 10 free connects even if the client contacted me, had conversation before accepting his contract, job successfully completed, paid for, and suddenly job cancelled by unknown reasons?

I rely so much on free connects (since I don't buy them), so it's quite dissapointing for this to happen to me, I mean I don't mind wasting the connects I spend to apply for the proposals, but I won the interview and even succesfully completed the work 😞

Thank you so much! 

petra_r
Community Member

Putri P wrote:

Two days ago after I submitted a proposal, a client immediately sent me a contract, 

You didn't have an interview, you were hired directly. In this case you do not get the 10 connects.  You applied, then got an offer.

For the 10 connects to be awarded, you have to apply, then the client contact you (NOT send an offer) and you reply. 

You missed the interview stage.

362700dc
Community Member

That was what I tried to confirm yesterday, but an Upwork moderator replied me this:

"It may take up to 24 hours from your response to the client's interview for Connects to credit to your Upwork account. You can refer to Connect History page to check your Connects. Feel free to message if you do not receive them after 24 hours."

So, by his answer, I am entitled to get my 10 free connects even if employer send contract immediately after a freelancer submit proposal. I also need to remind that before I accepted the contract, there were short conversation happening.

The problem now I see is, the job cancelled (by unknown party, but most likely Upwork because client YT link read as removed). And I can see my connects used to submit the proposal returned.

My concern and need clarity from Upwork now is, based on my case, that on some special cases (like mine), apparently freelancers aren't entitled to 10 free connects, even if they won interview and succesfully completed job for the client when job is cancelled for unknown reasons, and what confuses me more is that my contract is still active. How can a job cancelled but contract is active?

Also, Upwork only states that a freelancer is entitled to 10 free connects when they reply to a client's interview.
petra_r
Community Member

Putri P wrote:
So, by his answer, I am entitled to get my 10 free connects.

No, you are not. They missed the fact that there was no interview.

Putri P wrote:
, that on some special cases (like mine), apparently freelancers aren't entitled to 10 free connects, even if they won interview 

You DIDN'T have an interview, you had an offer. You missed out the interview stage

Putri P wrote:
what confuses me more is that my contract is still active. How can a job cancelled but contract is active?.

Because the job post has nothing to do with your contract. Job posts are not jobs, they are job posts. The job POST was cancelled. That doesn't affect the contract.

Putri P wrote:
Also, Upwork only states that a freelancer is entitled to 10 free connects when they reply to a client's interview.

Once more: There WAS no interview. That is why you don't get the 10 connects. You sent a proposal, and got an offer.  No interview. No 10 connects

362700dc
Community Member

It's kind of hard to digest that an official, experienced Upwork moderator, who gave me different answer from you, have a hard time, even missed the fact, to read and understand my question, and answer it wrongly. 

I hope either someone who had similar situation with me, or an Upwork moderator to reply to my question. 

Anyway, thanks for your attention, Petra. Appreciate it.

petra_r
Community Member

Putri P wrote:

I hope either someone who had similar situation with me, or an Upwork moderator to reply to my question. 

OK, let me flag it for you, so a moderator can confirm it again....  as you clearly don't believe me...

362700dc
Community Member

Thanks for your help, yes, please get them to clarify that the previous Upwork moderator gave me wrong answer (twice, in open forum and in private message), if that is the case.

I am hoping for them to clarify exactly what made me not entitled for the free connects;

1. The job cancelled. So even if freelancer responded to client, completed job, and got paid, they are not entitled to 10 free connects.

OR

2. The client sent contract immediately after a freelancer sent them proposal (which in my case, I responded before I accepted it), freelancers are not entitled for 10 free connects.

So we, new freelancers, can all learn something here.
petra_r
Community Member

Putri P wrote:
I am hoping for them to clarify exactly what made me not entitled for the free connects;
1. The job cancelled.
2. The client sent contract immediately after a freelancer sent them proposal

It was 2. There was (as I have explained repeatedly) no interview. 

As for 1. Again: The "job" was not cancelled, the job POST was. The CONTRACT is nothing to do with the job POST and neither has anything to do with the fact that you did not get 10 free connects because you never had the interview that is required to qualify you for 10 free connects.

Please read this page which explains it. (You skipped step 2.)

1. Submit a proposal to a job.
  2. Win an interview from a client.
  3. Respond and win a bonus!

Note: Direct offers and invitations from clients won’t receive a Connects credit.

362700dc
Community Member

Hi Petra,

I just got email confirmation from Upwork Help Center that the team had manually added the 10 free connects to my account.

Now it's safe to say, there was a 'hiccup' with the system somewhere in the process and if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation as mine in the future and look around whether they are entitled for free connects or not, it can be confirmed now, that we are entitled for the connects.

Thank you so much, Pradeep, Ana and for everyone at Upwork Help Center who read and replied to my posts and private messages and helped me get the connects.

You guys are awesome and really do listen to us 🙂

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

syrrene
Community Member

Hello,
I would also need some help regarding receiving connects.
Last week, I received an invitation for interview from the job posting where i sent a proposal. I replied to the invitation but until now i have not received my free connects.
Would appreciate your help. Thank you.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Syrrene,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same problem here.

Wrote a proposal, client messaged (I won an interview), I responded too and no free connects yet.

😞

Hi Dr Kaushini,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Edit to update information:

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork
538db6f8
Community Member

No,I got interview but did not recieve. Connects from this job.

Hi Honey,

Connects will be added to your account within 24 hours. We will send you an email and Upwork notification once they are applied to your account.

~ Joanne
Upwork

My client has payment verified but what is there a chance of getting scamed.

Farhan K wrote:

My client has payment verified but what is there a chance of getting scamed.

Before asking if you can be scammed, maybe you should see if you are scamming someone.
Maybe check the profile picture?

73d2130e
Community Member

Hello I response to 3 interviews yesterday.
I response 1 interview first then for hour I received connects then after I have 2 another interviews so response but until now I didn't receive the 20 connects.
Thank you.

Hi Shaira,

Please know that Connects can take up to 24 hours to show on your account. That said, I checked and it looks like this is a client account. If you still need assistance after 24 hours please reach out with your freelancer account so we could assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
67f51c63
Community Member

Why i still dont receive the 10 free onnects?

On wednesday I have received an invitation and then i submitted a proposal and after submission of proposal clients texted me and interviewed me through texts and vedio call and after that client did not hired me, he hired someone else. And now it's saturday and i still dont get any free connects. I am relying on free connects.

what is the reason ?

Hi Sikander,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to interview for a job post without submitting a proposal first. Here’s how it works:

1. Submit a proposal to a job

2. Receive a request from a client to interview

3. Respond, connect, and earn a bonus of 10 Connects!

Note: Connects will be automatically added to your account -- please allow up to 24 hours. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days!

~ Nikola
Upwork
67f51c63
Community Member

I submitted a proposal after getting invitation for the job and then got interviewed by client and still did not get free connects . Why?
petra_r
Community Member

Sikander J wrote:
I submitted a proposal after getting invitation for the job and then got interviewed by client and still did not get free connects . Why?

You don't get free connects when you are invited. ONLY when you originally sent a proposal and then the client messages you and you respond. NEVER when you are invited,

Hi Sikander,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that we are not awarding Connects in cases where you are invited to submit a proposal. You can find more information in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
538db6f8
Community Member

I got two interviews from client but I still did not get my 20 free connects. Please help me. I have no connects for now

Hi Honey,

When you are awarded Connects they will be added to your account within 24 hours. We will send you an email and Upwork notification once they are applied to your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
538db6f8
Community Member

I only received 10 connect even I have 2 interviews. Please help me
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths