🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I don't have a cell phone
Page options
korinbradley
Community Member

I don't have a cell phone

I'm trying to sign up but I only have landline and am thus unable to get a verification text. Does anyone know a workaround? 

11 REPLIES 11
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Korin,

I have escalated your concern. One of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Thank you.

Untitled

Well, two years later - it seems the same issue applies.  I have created a profile but I am prevented from using Upwork for lack of a cell phone.   I have a "landline" phone at my house - but it's an ordinary telephone and cannot receive text messages.  Okay, I guess I'll use some other service similar to UpWork.  

David 

Hi David,

I'm sorry to learn this experience has discouraged you from using Upwork. I have shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with your concern. 

Let me know if you will need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork
zarifis
Community Member

You can get a free Google Voice number (voice.google.com) and you'll be able to receive texts.

priscillawalker
Community Member

How can I get the 5 digit activation code without a cellphone. We have a landline only. TIA

Hi Priscilla,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you to further assist you.

~Nina

Hi, I also don't have a cell phone ...there's no signal where I live! But, I'd really like to get signed up.

Thx!  **Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bryan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

You can get a free Google Voice number (voice.google.com) and you'll be able to receive texts.

jimsey
Community Member

This is my problem as well. Can anyone help?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jimsey,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths