🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I don't have a last name!
Page options
08e59ccc
Community Member

I don't have a last name!

Hey, when I was signing up, it was necessary to put the last name so I just put my family name "Trivedi" but on my legal documents and my bank account, my official name is only "Anurag".

Because of this, my withdrawal mode is not syncing with my bank because on Upwork my name is Anurag Trivedi but on my bank, it's only Anurag.

I couldn't find any way to contact customer support, can anyone please help me out with this?

16 REPLIES 16
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anurag,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
obaak
Community Member

I have the same problem. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdullah,

In cases like this we suggest a user to use a formal salutation in the first name field (like Mr., Mrs, Ms.) and their name in the last name field. That would be unlikely to cause issues with adding your bank account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This didn't help.

Hi Shubham,

I can see that you`ve already created a ticket and our team will assist you further directly there. Regarding your name, to submit a name change request o to Settings > Contact Info and update your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi i am facing the same issue, my name is neha in all documents so what should we do any recommendation from your side

Hi Neha,

As you only have one name, you can use the same name in both the first name and last name fields. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
foysal979
Community Member

Please help me. I have the same problem. and tried to add my bank account it got declined because of the name in Upwork. I don't have my last name my bank account or their documents.

Hi Foysal,

Please refer to the instructions shared in the previous post here: 

• As you only have one name, you can use the same name in both the first name and last name fields. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

yes, I tried changing the last and first name with the same name. But it's
asking for 24 hours fro reviewing.

thank you.
714bcd66
Community Member

I am facing the same problem. could you help me?

Hi Swati,

We checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticketPlease allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response. If you have further questions feel free to follow up on the ticket and our team will be happy to help you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I also have the same problem, could you also help me?

Hi Benson,

Could you please try to use “Ms.” or “Mr.” as your First Name and your single name as the Last Name?

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5134f8cd
Community Member

I got my bank details verified yet my first payment got declined saying ' Invalid bank details', the only problem was my name on upwork is chahat chahat and on my bank acc its just 'chahat'. I lost my withdrawal fees due to this and I'm further worried if I try withdrawing again I'll lose more money . Yes, I have a support ticket for this, but it's irritating to have your identity and bank details verified after so many efforts and still not get the payment rather get the deserved value deducted.

Hi Chahat,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you already opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-28 hours to respond to your request. Feel free to also update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths