🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I don't know that my profile is upto the mark...
Page options
sadik_jafri
Community Member

I don't know that my profile is upto the mark or not.

Hello,

Can someone please help me by looking at my profile and confirming that its good or not.

Also, if there are any other things could be done to make it even better.

I am trying and sending proposals but its not working out for me.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Sadik,

You have a lot of "I's" and then a lot of "We's", but no information about what you can do for the client.  Include your qualifications but put the client first.  The first few lines of a profile are what turns up in search so make sure it stands out.  

Also, remove "Quickbooks" and other irrelevant copy from your title.  Are you an accountant?  Include that with a spin hooking your intended client.  

Review other Top Rated profiles in your industry and see how they write their profiles (remember, no copying!). 

Be persistant and remain positive.

Thanks Robin.

I really appreciate your effort. I will redo my profile over this weekend.

I am sorry but I don't understand, "Include that with a spin hooking your intended client."?? Could you please explain...

Also, I am not able view others profiles as well. I only have option to search for jobs and not for freelancers.

Thanks.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Sadik J wrote:

Hello,

Can someone please help me by looking at my profile and confirming that its good or not.

Also, if there are any other things could be done to make it even better.

I am trying and sending proposals but its not working out for me.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

I find it very weird that you named your company Accutants, because it looks like a typo, and you don't want your accountant to make mistakes like that.

You can't apply as your company for jobs on upwork, only for yourself, otherwise you need to create an agency. 

Hi Martina,

Thanks for your response.

My company name is Accutants and it stands for Accurate Accountants.

And the work I will get from upwork is for myself only.

Do you suggest me to create and agency account as well??

Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths