🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I don't want to get block or suspend my accou...
Page options
saleheen2724
Community Member

I don't want to get block or suspend my account.

Hi, I am working in upwork for few months. By mistakenly i asked a clients whatsapp in message. My team has digital marketers and i get most of my clients from outside and i convience them to come in upwork for a secure policy of any work. i did few high price projects in upwork with my clients whom i convienced to come here and hire me in upwork. I got certified in a short time and doing well. But as i get clients by marketing myself , i did a mistake by asking a client information whom i get from upwork. i will be conscious and scencere always about upwork and i always respect the community standard. What i have to do now.  it would be really helpfull if someone help me out by providing correct direction. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
avirockx007
Community Member

Dear Ibne,

I don't think that there is an issue with that. You can ask for the client's information like his Gmail account, phone number, skype id, if necessary. I think when you are already hired by a client then you can share your personal contact info with each other, because before that I think it is a bit risky to do that. Nowadays there are a lot of people who are doing scams & things like that. So, it's my personal opinion by reading your post, I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE DONE ANYTHING WRONG. So, take it easy. 🙂

Hope you get yourself satisfied.

Thanks

Awais

NikolaS

Hi Ibne,

Please know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. You can find more information in this help article

I would like to clarify that as long as you comply with Upwork's Terms of Service and all payments are done throughout the Upwork you should not have any problems. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths