🐈
» Forums » Support » I don't want to upload my photo for religious...
Page options
maha9293
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

773 REPLIES 773

Even i dont want to upload profile picture please help!

I dont want to upload my profile picture please help me

Hi Naza'S,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I want to get a religious exemption on my profile so that I can use a covered photo of myself as display pic. How to raise a ticket for that?

Hi Maheen,

Please try again to upload your profile photo with a covered face. If you experience any issues with adding it please reach back to us so that we can assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Yeah it's approved. Thanks a bunch!

Hello. I'm new to upwork. I'm trying to submit my profile but it is required to upload a profile picture. I need religious exemption to that because i do not want to upload my profile picture. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance. 

You are allowed to upload a picture of yourself wearing religious garb.

If uploading any photo at all is something you are unwilling to do, then you are allowed to use any of the many Upwork alternatives which do not require freelancers to post a photo of themselves.

Hi Eemaan,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
samreenbashir
Community Member

Hello,
I need assistance in this regard as well, I need religious exemption for profile picture. Please help me so that I can work in peace.
Thanks

Hi Samreen, 

It looks like you have already been assisted through a support ticket. Your profile picture in the Community will be updated within 24-hours. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Ma'am,
Yes, I got swift assistance and help in this regard and I am thankful to this platform. Thank you Upwork.
Thank you
Regards,
Samreen
64b01d13
Community Member

Hello,

I am new at this platform. I am creating my upwork profile but im unable to complete it because of the profile photo. I cannot upload my full face photo and thereby need a religious exemption.

Regards.

Hi Raveen,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Could you please try again uploading the photo you're referring to? Let us know if you were able to upload your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
funnyface169
Community Member

Hi there,

I would like a religious exemption to not upload a profile picture please. I am completing my profile but I don't want to upload a picture of my face.

I saw that a previous topic like this was already discussed, so I clicked on a link supposed to help me "make request" , but it redirected me to here, "ask a question". So here I am :).

Can you help me please? Thank you.

Thank you

Hi Sabrina,

Could you please try uploading your profile photo? If you experience any issues, please let us know. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thank you, I was wondering if I can put a logo that I can create on Canva, with my skill "copywriting" instead of a human picture?

I'm actually against pictures and prefer to put my skills on display AND I would not like people to recognize me since I'm doing it as a side job, anonymously. I'm willing to give you my ID and address justification with no problem :D.

Please.

Thank you for your comprehension.

Sabrina A

re: "I was wondering if I can put a logo that I can create on Canva, with my skill 'copywriting' instead of a human picture?"

No. That is not an option.

re: "I'm actually against pictures and prefer to put my skills on display AND I would not like people to recognize me since I'm doing it as a side job, anonymously"

You want no photo. Upwork requires a real photo of you.

You want anonymity. Upwork emphasizes transparency and is built around maximizing ability for clients from all over the world to find you and your real information.

For multiple reasons, Upwork is definitely not the right platform for you. I wish you well as you look into other platforms that meet your preferences and needs.

Hi,

Ok. Thank you for your response.

I do like what Upwork is doing and I how it helping a lot of workers but I do hope one day there will be even more flexibility regarding the profile picture, as there is flexibility with other things you allow already. I hope there will be the right to not show a face but rather just put skills on display, like a CV with no picture.

But I do understand that it is the way you think is the most convenient to you.

Thank you.

I wish you the very best as well.

esraasaleh235
Community Member

Hi , guys

I wanna help about my profile photo

I'm a Muslim and wear veil on my face , So i can't upload photo without veilCan you help me please ?

i wish you respect this

Thanks a lot ,ESRAA

Hi Esraa,

I apologize for the trouble this caused. Could you please try again uploading the photo you're referring to? Let us know if you were able to upload your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
annieddeleon
Community Member

Hello - 

I've tried all of the suggestions I read in response to this question and none of it has helped.  Is there someone available to help please?

Thanks,

Settings->Profile->Edit Photo

Hi Annie,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
fatima_rizwana
Community Member

Hi,
I'm trying to upload my profile picture wearing niqab but it says "we weren't able to detect your face." Can you help me to fix this problem and verify my profile in a different way? Thanks

Hi Rizwana,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,
I am waiting for your ass

Hello,

I also wear niqab, may I have some assistance with changing my profile picture for that, please. 

ea97c1f2
Community Member

hi, i am new to upwork and live been looking forward to using this website for a while i finally got around to setting up my account but there is a small problem, i am muslim woman who wears the burqa, so i don't wish to post any picture of my face, is there a way around it? i really hope that team is understanding and accepting me, i really would love to work on this website. Thanks

Hi Asma,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

still can't uploading my profile picture

Hi Asma,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update via email very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
binaliasy
Community Member

Hey there,I wear veil,how can i upload my profile picture?

Anyone please do help me with this issue!

Thanks in Advance

Upwork is a professional organization. It has to adhere to terms & conditions. Even a single mistake can land it in serious legal conundrum which may lead to huge financial ramification.

If i were in your place, i would have kept religion aside and follow its procedures.

Upwork ensures privacy as well.

Hi Bina,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please try again uploading the photo you're referring to? Let us know if you were able to upload your profile photo.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey there,thank you for your response,i uploaded my photo,but i need to change it now,but  unfortunately again it says 'we can't detect your face'

Is there any way i can change my profile picture,anyone please reach me out ASAP!

Hi Bina,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
letterfeels
Community Member

Hi! I'm trying to set up my profile as a freelancer but don't want to upload my photo for religious reasons. I did try uploading one with a veiled face but it won't accept. Would love to be a part of Upwork if this can be resolved, please!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths