🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I don't want to upload my photo for relig...
Page options
maha9293
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

773 REPLIES 773

Hi Maria,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much for the help!

Maria:
Many thousands of Upwork freelancers have successfully uploaded photos of themselves wearing religious garb, including photos with their face veiled. So this really isn't an issue.

But you are correct that the automated system doesn't accept such photos, so you will need to work briefly with Upwork Customer Support. That help is already on its way thanks to the Forum Moderator.

please guide me on how could I upload my profile photo in the veil? because I want to work and I really need it but due to religion reason for the photo, it prevents me. Thanks in advance.

Hi Rimsha,

You should be able to upload your profile picture with veil now. Please check and let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
research_hero
Community Member

Hello,

I need help with a religious exemption so I don't have to upload a profile photo.

Hi Sierra,

I would just like to clarify that you will still be required to upload a profile photo to complete your profile. If you are not able to add a photo that shows your face for religious reasons, we can assist you in uploading your profile photo with a face cover. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
d6b13b1f
Community Member

hello there

I cant upload my niqabi profile pic.

any help is appreciated.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Qudsia,

Could you please try again to upload your niqabi profile photo? Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hello,

I cover my face with a veil. When I was about to upload the picture, it could not detect the face. I have uploaded my original selfie, but I am feeling extremely uncomfortable about it. I want to upload my profile picture with veiled face. Could you help me out in this regard. 

Thank you so much. 

Hi Sidrah,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please try uploading your picture one more time? Let us know if you experience any issues with that so that we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I am still getting the same error 'not able to detect your face' when I am uploading my selfie with niqab. Kindly look into this.

Thank you. 

It has been resolved. Thank you. 

mahrezmohiuddin
Community Member

I am new to upwork and unable to upload picture with hijab, please guide.  

Hi Mahrez,

I apologize for the trouble this caused. Could you please try again uploading the photo you're referring to? Let us know if you were able to upload your profile photo.

Cheers,
Mike

Hey. I am facing the same issue. I want to upload a picture without showing my face. Can you help me with that?

Hi Ayesha,

You got it! You should be able to upload your picture now.

~Andrea
Upwork
ummesafiah
Community Member

I uploaded my profile photo with veil but it was not accepted. I have used mu spouse's photo temporarily. Kindly resolve the issue

Hi Sadia,

Could you please try uploading your picture one more time? Let us know if you are still experiencing issues with that.

As a gentle reminder, note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks a lot. Issue is resolved now. 

thebinteali
Community Member

I want religious exemption for my profile picture. So I can get started with my work on upwork.

Your guidance will be appreciated

Thanks

Hi Nida,

Could you please try uploading your profile picture? If you need further assistance, please let us know. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alwabelnorah
Community Member

I can not add my picture I have to ware niqab 

Hi Norah,

Please try to upload your profile photo again, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
aimen-naeem
Community Member

I am a Muslim girl i don't want to add my profile picture i need religious profile picture exemption. Can you please assist me in this regard.How to submit request and how to fill form that mention in the link for request submission?

I suggest you just upload a photo of however it is you present yourself in public. 

I am observing veil.And all of my photos even in public is with veil

Can you pleae assist me how to fill form given under the link of religious profile picture exemption

There are thousands of Upwork freelancers who wear veil or hijab in their freelance profile photos.

Sometimes you may need to work directly with Upwork Customer Support in order to arrange this. But this is not a problem. Very common.

Its mean I can upload a picture with Niqab......?

re: "Does that mean that I can upload a picture with Niqab?

Yes.

Its mean I can upload a picture with niqab?In which my face is not shown

Hi Aimen,

Could you please try again to upload your profile photo with the niqab. Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mesra-amin
Community Member

Same issue, I tried many times, photo isn't croped. Its quite clear and in right format. Still can't upload.

Hi Mesra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try again to upload your profile photo? Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hy Nikola, Tried again. Invain!

Hi Mesra,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are still experiencing the same issue on your end? Please let us know so that we can assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
sahar47
Community Member

I am a precticing Muslim and I cover my face, I want to upload my veiled picture on my profile. It's my request to allow me to to upload my face cover image, I can guarentee that will not affect my perfomance quality.

Hi Sahar,

I can see that you've contacted our support team regarding this and they have assisted you. Can you please try uploading your picture? Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
21ac0f44
Community Member

hi,i am hijabi and want to upload profile picture in hijab but upwork is not accepting.help me in this regard.thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths