🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I don't want to upload my picture.How can...
Page options
maha9293
Community Member

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

I wear a veil, how do I upload my profile picture with it on?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

773 REPLIES 773
sidraibrahim1001
Community Member

please allow me to fix my profile picture with covered face because i have religious background and i can't show my face.

Hi Sidra,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience you had. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with uploading your image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

ok.

please tell me about how can i upload my picture in vail?

Hi Sidra,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

~ Bojan
Upwork
244f1b93
Community Member

hello there

I cant upload my niqabi profile pic due to religion as i am not allowed

Hi Kinza,

Could you please try uploading your profile picture one more time?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I too would like to request that the profile photo requirement be waived for me citing religious reasons.

Hi Mifrah,

Could you please try uploading the photo one more time? Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

It worked the second time around. Thank you!
maryamahmad687
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to make my account as freelancer where I have to upload profile picture.But I don't want to upload my picture. Is there anyway possible that I can make my account without uploading it.

I can provide you scanned image of my CNIC if you need any verification.

Thanks,

Maryam Ahmad

Maryam A wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to make my account as freelancer where I have to upload profile picture.But I don't want to upload my picture. Is there anyway possible that I can make my account without uploading it.

I can provide you scanned image of my CNIC if you need any verification.

Thanks,

Maryam Ahmad

No, it's required.

Hi Monina,

Upwork’s Terms of Use require that you accurately represent yourself. This includes having a profile picture that looks like you. It should be a close up image with a focus on your head and shoulders, and clearly show your full face. You can check this article for more information.

If you need to cover your face for religious purposes, we can add a religious exemption to your profile to allow you to upload a profile photo that covers your face. Please let us know if you would like us to do so.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Yes please. That would be a great help!!

Yes of course...I would be very grateful to you.

Hi Monina,

I went ahead and added the exemption on your profile, please try uploading your photo one more time.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am trying to post a pic of my face covered but its not happening.

Hi Shiza,

Could you please try to add your photo one more time?

~Andrea
Upwork
3ec43db2
Community Member

hi andrea,

could you please also add an exemption on my profile too. I also don't want to upload my pic

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ali, 

Could you please try now to upload your profile photo with the covered face? Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Aleksandar, 

I'm currently building my profile, and it won't accept my picture since I have a mask on.  I'm a muslim and I wear a niqab (veil) to cover my face when out in public, hence the mask on my picture.

Could you please add a religious exemption on my profile so I may proceed with the rest of it? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Fatma,

You should now be able to upload your profile picture with a  veil.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Maryam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you are required to cover your face on your pictures and would like to request a religious exemption for using a profile picture, let us know and we'll be happy to assist you further.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Yes. I don;t want to show my face.

So can i upload picture related to my skill?

Hi Maryam,

Kindly, refer to Bojan's answer and submit a request for religious profile picture exemption.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

where I have to submit request?

Hi Maryam,

You can submit a request by clicking on this link.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks

re: "So can I upload picture related to my skill?"

No.

Receiving a religious exemption allowing you to not use a standard Upwork profile picture (which clearly shows your face) does not mean you can upload a picture related to your skill (such as a computer keyboard signifying "data entry").

I would like to submit a request for profile picture exemption due to religious reasons.Can you assist me in that.

Hi Noreen,

Could you please retry to upload your profile photo? Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

i don't want my photo on my profile. what's the other option. thanks. 

Hi Aamir,

Your profile picture should accurately reflect who you are, and it should look like you. It should be a close up image with a focus on your head and shoulders, and clearly show your full face. If you are required to cover your face and would like to request a religious exemption, our team would be happy to assist you with it. Could you please send us more information so that we can check?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I also want to submit a request for religious profile picture exemption, but I am not able to contact upwork. Kindly guide me, or reach out to me to resolve this issue, please, thank you!

Hi Ayesha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try uploading your profile picture again?

~ Nikola
Upwork
4a1f46d4
Community Member

Hello
my upwork profile Is not considered complete because I have not uploaded my profile photo because of religious reasons. Kindly help me resolve this issue.
Thanking you in advance
Javeriah Khan

Hi Javeriah,

Could you please share with me more information regarding your concern? Are you required to cover your face and would like to request a religious exemption? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
286bde9f
Community Member

Hello, I want a religious exemption to make an account on Upwork as I belong to the Muslim community I don't want to share my picture there.

Thanks 
Regards
Nimra Siddiqui

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths