🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I dont have PAN number. How do i get paid?
Page options
geet1224
Community Member

I dont have PAN number. How do i get paid?

i do not have a pan number. I am trying to setup a payment method using my direct savings account. And i am getting a problem as its its a mandatory field. What do i do?

I do not want to use paypal as it charges more and i dont have one. Is there any other way out if i dont have a PAN number? 

Please help!!

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gurpreet,

If you’d like to explore other ways to receive your payments, you can check the payment method options available to you by clicking on “Add Method” in the “Get Paid” section of your Upwork account -Settings.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
6df86461
Community Member

I don't have a PAN card
can I add the account of my relative

Hi Swaraj,

To set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. You can check this help article for more information and refer to Bojan's post below on how you can see all the available payment options available to you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

As I don't have a PAN card right now
I will require some time for the process of adding a bank account.
Will my money which is in Pending status be safe at upwork?

Can I add my bank account without PAN card details?

Hi Swaraj,

You can still add a payment method on file. Upwork offers a number of choices for withdrawing your funds. With the following payment methods you can withdraw directly to your bank account:

The following third-party payment vendors are also offered:

If you are not able to withdraw your earnings at this time, you may keep them on Upwork, but balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not.

Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) is a means of collecting income tax in India by requiring businesses making payments in India to remit a portion of that payment directly to the Indian government. A law adopted in March 2020 requires foreign e-commerce operators, like Upwork, to begin collecting TDS on payments to service providers in India starting October 1, 2020. The amount of tax withheld is matched to the service provider by using their Permanent Account Number (PAN) or the Aadhaar number. The amount of tax we are required to withhold is dependent upon whether or not you have a valid PAN or Aadhaar number on file with Upwork:  

• For Upwork users that have a PAN or Aadhaar on file, we are required to withhold 1% of client payments to users. 

• For Upwork users that do not have a PAN or Aadhaar on file, we are required to withhold 5.0% of client payments to users.

NOTE: The withholding rate of 0.75% is effective from October 1, 2020, until March 31, 2021, and is  scheduled to increase to 1% effective April 1, 2021.

The withholding tax is calculated based on the gross amount that the user invoices their client, so it is calculated prior to freelancer service fees or any other fees that may reduce the amount credited to the user’s account.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bbd7a1a6
Community Member

I have my Aadhar but upwork is only asking for PAN and right now I dont have my PAN. Any solutions?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths