🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I finally got my first contract - now wha...
Page options
graywolfdesigns
Community Member

I finally got my first contract - now what?

I received my first contract. Yeah! It is a fixed price, which is fine. Couple of questions ...

1. Shouldn't it show up under "My Jobs" - "Active Contracts"?

2. It is my understanding that once the job is complete, either myself or the client will close the job. At some point, the client will send payment, and it will go to the account that I have set up. Is that correct?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Donna S wrote:

Hmmmm .... well I got a message from the client with all the information that I need to do the job. Do they need to send an offer to me so I can accept it? Is that why it is not list under active contracts? That has not been done. I assume I should not start working on this until I accept.

If you have not received an email from Upwork (!!!!) advising you that you have an offer, and there is no offer on your Find Work > Proposals Page you don't have an offer, you haven't been hired and wouldn't get paid....

Screenshot at Jan 26 08-55-32.png

Tell the client you are really excited to get started, and will get right to it as soon as you have received and accepted their fully funded offer.

If an offer is not forthcoming, do no work. 

If the offer comes, check that all the agreed funds are funded in Escrow. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

Donna,

1. it should be listed under Active Contracts > Active Milestones. Did you accept the offer?

2. Don't close the contract until the client approves the milestone. If the client doesn't approve right away, you can request it by clicking the Submit Work for Payment button, as in the screenshot below.

submit.png

John,

Ugh! Just when I thought I knew what I was doing!  I have been 'round and 'round. Where the heck do I accept the offer? Hope I don't sound like an idiot, but I'm just not used to working on a freelancer site. 

Hmmmm .... well I got a message from the client with all the information that I need to do the job. Do they need to send an offer to me so I can accept it? Is that why it is not list under active contracts? That has not been done. I assume I should not start working on this until I accept.

Hi Donna,

I checked and it seems that your client didn't send you the offer yet. Please don't start working on the project before receiving the offer and the contract is made between you two. If your client is having difficulties sending you an offer you can refer them to this help article

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Donna S wrote:

If you have not received an email from Upwork (!!!!) advising you that you have an offer, and there is no offer on your Find Work > Proposals Page you don't have an offer, you haven't been hired and wouldn't get paid....

Screenshot at Jan 26 08-55-32.png

Tell the client you are really excited to get started, and will get right to it as soon as you have received and accepted their fully funded offer.

If an offer is not forthcoming, do no work. 

If the offer comes, check that all the agreed funds are funded in Escrow. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths