cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got 4.75 scores of 5 in Russian translation and result is marked as "Below average" - why???

Julia C Member Since: Apr 29, 2017
1 of 9

Really - I don't understand. Yes, may be I understood not all in English and made pare mistakes. But result of 4.75 scores of 5 possible - is enough high. Why does the system writes that it's below average?

Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
2 of 9

It's not 'below average' when it comes to the average of 0 to 5 (i.e. 2.5), they base it on it on the average of the scores of all the people who took the test... so the average score must be pretty high. Which doesn't surpise me that much, as I passed the Russian to English test without knowing any Russian!  

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
3 of 9

@Scott E wrote:

I passed the Russian to English test without knowing any Russian!  

Yes, but you were drunk. You wouldn't pass it right now.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 9

That's quite possible Rene!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
5 of 9

Drunk? I never drink, but if I won't get any jobs some more time - I'll take it as a method to pass any tests.)))

6 of 9

You are great seems! )))

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 9

Because more people achieved a result that was better than yours, so compared to all test takers, yours is below the average of everyone who took it.

8 of 9

Thank you, Petra! Now I understand and shall not consider the idea to be offended of it. ))

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 9

Hi Julia,

Note that you can get a high score on a test and still have a Below Average ranking. In this case, most test takers scored higher than 4.75 on this test and that's why your score is shown as Below Average.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS