🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I have Unresponsive Clients That Chatted Me O...
Page options
rantimi-paul
Community Member

I have Unresponsive Clients That Chatted Me Once And Went Offline For 15 days Till Now

Hello 

I'm new to Upwork...

I have three different unresponsive clients that stopped chatting after coming to my message room, I checked the job history and I found out it is not on HIRED, and the clients have last seen - 15 days ago

So am really confused 

Does that mean it is bot chatting with me on the first message?  

Please I need to respond to this

Is it possible for Upwork Support to notify those clients?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Paul, 

Yes, there are many unresponsive clients that you'll have to deal with as a freelancer. Just consider that this is normal. Here are some reasons that the client became unresponsive:

- He hired another freelancer.

- He decided that he doesn't need any freelancers.

- He found that your proposal doesn't match his needs.

- Etc.. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't like this kind of behaviour. I find it much more respectful when the client informs the freelancers [at least those whom he chatted with] about the Job statue/his decision. 

But this is how it works, don't be offended, they might be very busy with something. So the best way to deal with this is just to submit your proposals and respond to clients' invites/messages, when you don't get any response, forget about them and just move on to the next potential project.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Paul,

I would like to confirm that clients don't have an option to use a bot for their messages and they have been communicating with you directly.

Unfortunately, our team can't reach out to the clients you're referring to at the moment. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Okay Goran 

So what the best solution for all the unresponsive clients. 

Will I have to continue waiting till they are online again? 

Will that not affect my customer relationship with Upwork? 

Hi Paul,

I would like to clarify that unresponsive clients will not affect your account in any way. I would also suggest checking out our resources Here and learn more about how to improve your profile and your proposals. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Paul, 

Yes, there are many unresponsive clients that you'll have to deal with as a freelancer. Just consider that this is normal. Here are some reasons that the client became unresponsive:

- He hired another freelancer.

- He decided that he doesn't need any freelancers.

- He found that your proposal doesn't match his needs.

- Etc.. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't like this kind of behaviour. I find it much more respectful when the client informs the freelancers [at least those whom he chatted with] about the Job statue/his decision. 

But this is how it works, don't be offended, they might be very busy with something. So the best way to deal with this is just to submit your proposals and respond to clients' invites/messages, when you don't get any response, forget about them and just move on to the next potential project.

I hope this helps!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths