🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I have a question
Page options
c16a079f
Community Member

I have a question

Spoiler

How can I tell if a proposal is legit and not a scam if it's ok to ask? I know that most people would say to use common sense. But it never hurts to ask.

"Ignore the spoiler box, I made a mistake while formatting the message."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a_lipsey
Community Member

Hi Jean Anthony, the best way to start with learning how to vet/screen job posts is to read all the Help articles to understand how Upwork works, so you can spot a scam or something not allowed when it's posted, but in lieu of that, absolutely check out this blog post by fellow freelancer Wes, that tells you how to spot just about every scam and illegitimate job post you'll come across. The comments have updates and additions from other freelancers too. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Hi Jean Anthony, the best way to start with learning how to vet/screen job posts is to read all the Help articles to understand how Upwork works, so you can spot a scam or something not allowed when it's posted, but in lieu of that, absolutely check out this blog post by fellow freelancer Wes, that tells you how to spot just about every scam and illegitimate job post you'll come across. The comments have updates and additions from other freelancers too. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

eb5461dd
Community Member

Hello, this is JEN, and I also am new to this. I received a proposal and I responded back and sent demos. He has dropped my asking figure $3 down and another $10 down to train me? I have been in the Film Industry for over 32 years does that sound right? And he wants me to contact someone through a private Email??? Aren't I supposed to go only through UP WORK? Please enlighten me LOL thank you ahead of time to anyone who can reach out to me 🙂

eb5461dd
Community Member

Hello?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths