🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I have a really important question! Please he...
Page options
tsankodilov
Community Member

I have a really important question! Please help me!

Hello, when I had done my account no one told me that I must be over 18 years old. Despite the fact that after a few months, I will make 18 years, I found my first client, the first contract and I improved my profile to a pretty good level. The problem is if I want to verify my profile I must be over 18. What I have to do.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tsanko,

Unfortunately yes, you will need to close your account. Once you`re 18 you can sign up again as a freelancer and start working.

With a few exceptions, most everyone over the age of 18 who has an Internet connection can apply to join. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tsankodilov
Community Member

Should I close my account and wait till I make 18 years?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tsanko,

Unfortunately yes, you will need to close your account. Once you`re 18 you can sign up again as a freelancer and start working.

With a few exceptions, most everyone over the age of 18 who has an Internet connection can apply to join. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up on your ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

All right, thank you. I understand so I should close my contract?

Hi Tsanko,

Yes that is correct, in order to be able to close your account you will need to close your contract as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

hello upwork team please help me now a days i am not getting orders properly what should i do after rising talent i am not getting orders

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths