Community Member

I have an account but have not gotten a job

I don't know how to go about apply for jobs on up work
1 REPLY 1
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Blessing,

Welcome to Upwork! Below are some articles to help you learn about using Upwork:

I also reviewed your Profile and have a few suggestions:

• Your profile overview is difficult to quickly scan and understand what your primary services and experiences are. It might help to organize it with paragraphs: for example, have your introduction paragraph, a separate paragraph for skills, and one for experience. In this way you might emphasize certain areas, but use caution with adding lists of skills with few to no related work examples because clients may question the sincerity of your skills list.
  • The beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise.
  • I notice your availability is set to “As Needed”. Because different freelancers use this availability setting to communicate different things (some mean their workload is varying, some mean that they are booked - but will consider very attractive offers) it may be a detractor to receiving relevant invites. It might be helpful to instead use the “Less than 30” or “More than 30” option - depending upon which is closest to your current projected availability.

Here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths