🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I have just started on upwork, did one su...
Page options
aredae1992
Community Member

I have just started on upwork, did one successful job and refunded 2 other clients, how bad is that?

Hello, 

so, I was hoping to freelance full time. but as the title might suggest I'm off to a very bad start. 
so my question is, how bad does this affect me long term?

thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Did you give a full refund?

If so, there will be no public information about those jobs.

But your job success score will be very low when you get one because Upwork doesn't consider jobs where refunds where given in full to be successful jobs. Not that anyone does consider those types of jobs to be successful, but since we're talking about Upwork, yes, they will negatively effect your score.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kat303
Community Member

@Ahmed Reda E wrote:

Hello, 

so, I was hoping to freelance full time. but as the title might suggest I'm off to a very bad start. 
so my question is, how bad does this affect me long term?

thanks.

Well it's not good. Wondering if there's more to this. Why, out of 3 jobs did you feel the need to refund what was in excrow for 2 of them.

Hi Kathy, 

so what could happen? as for you question, yes there is more to it,

The first client said something disrespecing to me regarding payment, so I decided to end the our agreement and fully refund him,

the other client's project is using technologies that I'm not very familiar with it, he was giving me time to learn them, but as I was ending the other contract I might end that as well. 

if possible I'd like to know what will my public profile show regarding those contracts?

Did you give a full refund?

If so, there will be no public information about those jobs.

But your job success score will be very low when you get one because Upwork doesn't consider jobs where refunds where given in full to be successful jobs. Not that anyone does consider those types of jobs to be successful, but since we're talking about Upwork, yes, they will negatively effect your score.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths