cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no JSS.

Joe W Member Since: Aug 13, 2019
11 of 13

Thank you Petra R. From Jeronimo Oscar's response I felt like finding work on Upwork was a waste of my time. I am not new to writing. I did so before there was an internet. I just haven't done work on the internet. I stop publishing my work in the 90s. Finding work and getting published on the internet is new to me. I just need to figure out how it works. But I also need to be sure that I'm going in the right direction.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
12 of 13

Joe W wrote:

Thank you Petra R. From Jeronimo Oscar's response I felt like finding work on Upwork was a waste of my time. I am not new to writing. I did so before there was an internet. I just haven't done work on the internet. I stop publishing my work in the 90s. Finding work and getting published on the internet is new to me. I just need to figure out how it works. But I also need to be sure that I'm going in the right direction.

You won't know until you try.  Honestly I used to ignore all of the requirements even location unless they specifically said they wanted someone onsite (because I figured there is a chance to pick that by mistake).  I don't know when I got a JSS or became TR or all that but I never stopped proposing regardless and for a long time there would be clients who wanted 1000 hours on UW and I didn't have that.

Getting someone to respond is a talent in itself and if you don't find a way to do it you will probably find UW to be a waste of time.   But if you find a way, and it will likely be your own way, then it can work for you.  I think of it as a sales funnel, the whole process, everything to get a message.

There is a lot of advice given to new people I don't agree with and two in particular are don't work with verified clients and lower your rates to get your first few clients.  I think clients that are new to Upwork are particularly ripe terrain for new UW'ers to farm and I think you should try to maintain your rate, and it should be a good one until you have lost most of your hope.

Ace Contributor
Jerónimo Oscar A Member Since: Jul 23, 2019
13 of 13

Are you sure about this? Because when I submit a proposal in which I don't fit the JSS and Rising talent requirements there's no pop-up telling me the client will be noticed about it, meanwhile when you don't fit the other ones I named a specific notice shows up, I think both JSS and Rising talent are like ¨lower priority¨.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS