🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I have no access to my account
Page options
emilyliu21ce
Community Member

I have no access to my account & my profile

Hi there! I'm new to Upwork. I registered as freelance with Upwork. I got the validation email. When I click the link, the page goes to "create profile page" but it's a invalid page. It said " This page is for freelancers only. Please view this with your freelancer account if you have one, or create a freelancer account." https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/experience-level/

Actually I do registered as freelance. I've tried with another email. It happens the same. I have no access to my account or modify my profile. I'm wondering is this a system problem or it is only about stopping application from China?

I will be very appreciated for the people who answer my questions. Thanks again!

65 REPLIES 65
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Emily L wrote:

Hi there! I'm new to Upwork. I registered as freelance with Upwork. I got the validation email. When I click the link, the page goes to "create profile page" but it's a invalid page. It said " This page is for freelancers only. Please view this with your freelancer account if you have one, or create a freelancer account." https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/experience-level/

Actually I do registered as freelance. I've tried with another email. It happens the same. I have no access to my account or modify my profile. I'm wondering is this a system problem or it is only about stopping application from China?

I will be very appreciated for the people who answer my questions. Thanks again!

You probably inadvertedly registered a client account and not a freelancer profile. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Emily,

One of our team members will reach out to you soon and assist you further with your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. I have the exact same problem. Could you check my account too please?

Thank you so much.

Hi Angel,

Our team will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, same problem for me! Please help! Thanks!

Hi Eric,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you with your account.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello There,
I had to create this new account because otherwise you guys are unreachable.

I wanted to log in today with my account, I always signed in with Google. Today, each time I tried it failed, and displayed the message "That Google account is not recognized on Upwork".

When i type through email and password it shows ( wrong password) when i apply for forget password when i open email .it say (there is no information about your account)

So I tried to contact you, but I couldn't because I have to be logged in. So I tried signing up again. So I pressed the button "Sign In with Google", and this time the message was "That email is already in use on Upwork".

So, apparently you can detect it, but it can't be used to get access somehow.

So I created this account to communicate with you, but I used the different email I used to sign in with Google.

Please help me.

Hi Nasr,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
5e970492
Community Member

Help me

Showing some error please solve my problem through email

Hi Nasr,

Apologies for the confusion, you should be able to send private messages now that you're an Active Member.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi;

My name is Mustafa, and I got the same problem with my account, I made a new account too, but all in vain. I will be waiting for your reply, Thank You.

Hi Mustafa, 

Please send me the details of your other account through a private message so that I can look into this further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

It is **edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mustafa, 

The team has reached out to you through an email. Please close this account you are using to post in the Community as users are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork. The team will continue communicating with you through your other account.

~ Avery
Upwork
exorblack
Community Member

me too i have the same problem

Hi Mohamed,

One of our customer support team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am facing the same problem please help.

Thanks.

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you with regaining access to your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

No one contacted me and the problem is still there. 

Hi Abdul, 

I wanted to check if you were able to access this ticket to see if this helps you resolve your issue? If you are unable to access it, you can go to your email inbox that's associated with your Upwork account, and look for the email with the subject header "Unable to access account."

You may update the same ticket thread, and the team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello.

I have the exact same problem. Could you check my account too please?

Thank you so much.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

Once I try to log in, the following message appears.

This page is for freelancers only. Please view this with your freelancer account if you have one, or create a freelancer account.

Can anybody help to resolve this issue?

Best regards,

Hi Abdur,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
saeedocta
Community Member

I have the same problem, your resolved? 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
armanimughal
Community Member

same problem here. 

Hi Abdul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly and assist you further, thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem.  Please help me to resolve it.

Hi Muhammad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email and assist you further, thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork

When I try to log in to Upwork, I get redirected to the "Create Profile" page. However, I cannot proceed anywhere because it shows me the following message:

"This page is for freelancers only. Please view this with your freelancer account if you have one, or create a freelancer account. "

I saw other threads where people had this issue, but could not find an applicable solution for myself.

Hi Abdullah, 

I'm sorry if this has caused you inconvenience. The team will reach out to you directly through an email with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Team,

Upon logging, I'm getting this error message. 

'This page is for freelancers only. Please view this with your freelancer account if you have one, or create a freelancer account.

I have tried multiple times but still getting the same error. Need your quick assistance.

Thanks.

Upwork is under maintenance mode and they are working on all these issues. it will get resolved. you can check status at https://status.upwork.com

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad, 

The Customer Support Team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
addicates
Community Member

Alright. Looking forward to it.

Thanks

Whenever I login it appers

This page is for freelancers only. Please view this with your freelancer account if you have one, or create a freelancer account.

What to do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Muhammad.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with accessing your account. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths