cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no access to my account & my profile

emilyliu21ce
Emily L Member Since: Sep 26, 2018
1 of 66

Hi there! I'm new to Upwork. I registered as freelance with Upwork. I got the validation email. When I click the link, the page goes to "create profile page" but it's a invalid page. It said " This page is for freelancers only. Please view this with your freelancer account if you have one, or create a freelancer account." https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/experience-level/

Actually I do registered as freelance. I've tried with another email. It happens the same. I have no access to my account or modify my profile. I'm wondering is this a system problem or it is only about stopping application from China?

I will be very appreciated for the people who answer my questions. Thanks again!

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 66

@Emily L wrote:

Hi there! I'm new to Upwork. I registered as freelance with Upwork. I got the validation email. When I click the link, the page goes to "create profile page" but it's a invalid page. It said " This page is for freelancers only. Please view this with your freelancer account if you have one, or create a freelancer account." https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/experience-level/

Actually I do registered as freelance. I've tried with another email. It happens the same. I have no access to my account or modify my profile. I'm wondering is this a system problem or it is only about stopping application from China?

I will be very appreciated for the people who answer my questions. Thanks again!

You probably inadvertedly registered a client account and not a freelancer profile. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 66

Hi Emily,

One of our team members will reach out to you soon and assist you further with your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
angelortizm
Angel O Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
4 of 66

Hello. I have the exact same problem. Could you check my account too please?

Thank you so much.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 66

Hi Angel,

Our team will reach out to you directly and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ewchang
Eric C Member Since: Oct 31, 2018
6 of 66

Hi, same problem for me! Please help! Thanks!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 66

Hi Eric,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you with your account.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
5e970492
Nasr B Member Since: Jul 22, 2021
8 of 66
Hello There,
I had to create this new account because otherwise you guys are unreachable.

I wanted to log in today with my account, I always signed in with Google. Today, each time I tried it failed, and displayed the message "That Google account is not recognized on Upwork".

When i type through email and password it shows ( wrong password) when i apply for forget password when i open email .it say (there is no information about your account)

So I tried to contact you, but I couldn't because I have to be logged in. So I tried signing up again. So I pressed the button "Sign In with Google", and this time the message was "That email is already in use on Upwork".

So, apparently you can detect it, but it can't be used to get access somehow.

So I created this account to communicate with you, but I used the different email I used to sign in with Google.

Please help me.
andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
9 of 66

Hi Nasr,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
5e970492
Nasr B Member Since: Jul 22, 2021
10 of 66
Help me
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS