🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I have no passport or visa for id verific...
Page options
amr_sharaqah
Community Member

I have no passport or visa for id verification (Egypt).

Hello there ,

as the title say i dont know how to verify my id when there is no option for the national id

in the id verification.

so what should i do?

Thanks.

73 REPLIES 73
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amr, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you are being requested to complete an identity verification. Just the same, when you are requested to verify your identity, you should be able to use any government-issued ID to complete the verification process. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I've attached some screenshots to further clarify my problem

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Amr,

One of our team members reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your verification, you can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Sir,

I have the same problem as Amr S. Upwork requires only passport in order to verify my identity but I do not have one. I only have a National ID card.

Your help would be welcome.

Hi Ramahandrisoa,

I will reach out to you via PM with more details on how to complete your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same problem. How could I verify my account with my national ID?

Hi Aya,

I can see that our team has reached out to you via ticket with more details about this. Feel free to update your ticket with any questions and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi.. i have the same problem. 
Only have national ID.

Hi Mohamed,

I checked your account and see that our team has already reached out to you directly via ticket regarding completing this step. Please respond to the ticket about the document you have available so that the team member can assist you directly on how you can proceed with completing the identity verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello there , there is no option for the national id in the id verification. so what should i do? Thanks In Advance.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sameh,

You're free to upload your National ID Card as a valid government-issued ID. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

but i cannot see nationai ID option in the drop down menu there are only visa and passport

ali_qady
Community Member

same issue here guys !

Hi Ali,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have the same problem 

I have the same problem my passport is expired and I have no visa
How to use my national ID?

Hi Ahmed,

Feel free to upload your National ID Card. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

~ Bojan
Upwork

How will I upload it there is only 2 options passport and visa?

Hi Ahmed,

I can see you were able to upload your documents for verification. Our team is reviewing your submission and they will reach out to you directly with an update.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
adbf6435
Community Member

I have the same issues ....I don't have Passport yet. I have national id but i don't see national id option on the list please help

Hi Murad,

Please try selecting the option to upload a passport and then upload your national ID. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

I have problem with identity verification with passport. I have one but the date is over. Can you help me to verify my identity. I just have my national ID card.

Hi Sedera,

Unfortunately, we are not able to accept expired IDs. Feel free to upload your National ID Card. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello
I'm currently facing the same issue. I don't have a passport, I only have a Individual Civil Registry Record.

Hi Fourat,

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about acceptable documents and how to submit them correctly. 

Once you're ready to proceed with the verification process confirm that with our team and our agent will follow up to guide you further.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
m7md10u
Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same Problem,   I   don't have passport or visa, can't I verify using my national ID Card?(Egypt)

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed, 

Feel free to upload your National ID Card. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
m7md10u
Community Member

So should I select the passport option and upload the id?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

Yes, feel free to proceed and our team will update you directly once they complete the review of the submitted document.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b6f3bf0c
Community Member

hi , i am also facing the same problem . There is no option for National ID ...only passport is shown in option . What should i do ?

Hello sir,
Kindly note that me and my husband are having accounts with up work and when I was asked about ID verification it doesn’t allow me to change the name it was for my husband so I thought this was for my husband account and I applied his National ID and when I figure it out I am not able to resubmit mine on my account, can u please help with that.

Hi Dina,

I can see that you`ve resubmitted your ID and it was approved, your verification is completed. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I also have the same problem that it requires only from me visa or passport to verify my account and i have only my government id

Hi Abdo,

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country. If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process, and you'll need to allow 1-3 days for the review to be completed.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Sir,

I have the same problem as Amr S. Upwork requires me to upload passport or Visa in order to verify my identity but I do not any of them and. I only have a National ID card why i cant use it.

Best Regards,
Abdulrhman Adel

Hi Mrs Avery, 

I have the same situation like Amr, the difference is that I already had been asked to verify my id, and as I have no passport or visa, I sent my national id, and I hope that it'll be accepted, as you said that any government-issued ID can be used.

Hi Mohammed,

Using your National ID for the verification process should be fine. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have no passport for verification but i have government issued driving liscense.Please get to me as soon as possilble.

Hi Aakash,

Feel free to submit your driving license for a review and our team will reach out to you with the results via ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths