🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I have no passport or visa for id verificatio...
Page options
amr_sharaqah
Community Member

I have no passport or visa for id verification (Egypt).

Hello there ,

as the title say i dont know how to verify my id when there is no option for the national id

in the id verification.

so what should i do?

Thanks.

73 REPLIES 73

I have submitted my government issued citizenship for verification .Please get to me as soon as p

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Aakash, 

I checked your account and it doesn't look like you are being requested to verify your account. Did you receive any notification in your account or any email from the team that's requesting you to verify your account?

~ Avery
Upwork
hamedmtn
Community Member

Driving license in some countries do not include address. Is it possible to use such driving license to verify identity on upwork?

Thanks.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Efran,

The acceptable forms of ID vary by country and will be listed on the form given on your account.  You can also check this help article for more information. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hamedmtn
Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I cant find the form that specifies acceptable id documents according to my country. So can i use Turkish driving license to proof my identity?
Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erfan,

Yes, I confirmed this with our team. It can be used as an ID as long as it is not expired.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hamedmtn
Community Member

Great! Thanks for your help Bojan

dc08675f
Community Member

I'm having the same trouble, I don't know if the problem is with the photo, or that it doesn't accept my national ID

Hi Islam,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello
Some countries do not include address in driving license. Is it possible to use such driving license to verify identity?
Thanks
ba85b600
Community Member

I have a problem during my identity verification, I live in Madagascar. They are asking for a passport, but I only have my national identity card (CIN). Can you help me?

Hi Avozara,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued photo ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process.

~ Nikola
Upwork
esraanoseer
Community Member

I have the same problem as amr what should i do?

Hi Esraa,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to use the verification link provided in your support ticket? Once you initiate the process our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about any of your concerns.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
lee_tanho
Community Member

I have the same issue. I have no passport but only the Korean government issued ID. 

I'd like to verify the identity as soon as possible but there is no slot for ID but only passport on my country. How can I process identity verification? Please answer the question as soon as possible, please.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanho, 

It looks like you have sent a message through your support ticket. I have followed up with the team handling your case, and they will get in touch with you directly through the same ticket thread. Please expect an update soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same for Nepal. I do not have passport.

I have created the ticket for help. I have National ID and Driving license. But no passport. The only accepted is passport. Can anyone help please?

Hi Balkrishna,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you have an open ticket regarding your request. I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on your ticket very soon. Please allow time for our team to carefully review your request and respond accordingly. You will be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have no passport for verification either, what should i do? Thanks for your help.

Hi Santiago,

In order to confidently verify your identity, we need to match your physical appearance with a photo ID issued by a government entity. This includes a valid driver’s license, passport, or identity card.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm also from Nepal. I do not have passport. I have National ID and Driving license. But no passport. The only accepted is passport. Can anyone help please? My profile is https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a3519e989b652301

Hi Rabin,

Feel free to upload your National ID Card using the option available to you. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly and guide you further thought this process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
amare88
Community Member

I have no passport and my national id is not in english what shall i do, I am Ethiopian citizen? and get request to verify my identity from upwork.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kalab,

Feel free to submit your national ID for our team to complete the review. If additional information are needed our team will reach out to you directly via ticket and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

i have the same problem, please help me.

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi i have the same problem, what should i do?

Hi Ahmed,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

~ Nikola
Upwork

you can use your driving license or your national identity
7e27f518
Community Member

I have the same problem, I only have a national ID 
Nobody is responding to my support ticket 

Hi Mazen,

I've notified the team working on your case and one of our agents has followed up on your ticket with more information. Please refer to your ticket and don't hesitate to follow up with them so they can continue assisting you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6815d364
Community Member

Someone please help I do not have passport yet. I don't need it unless I am going outside country. So I have never taken one. My id verification only shows Passport. I am unable to send proposals. Please help me I only have driver's license and a voter id card.

Hi Arun,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. I'm sorry you're having difficulties verifying your ID. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fdb9bec9
Community Member

Hello I have the same problem too

•  
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths