🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I have questions about upwork's connects
Page options
miqayelish
Community Member

I have questions about upwork's connects

Hi, I have questions .

1) Does Upwork allow me to keep two or more accounts?

2) I have paid for geting connects to apply jobs. Now I would like to understand , when the connects will be finished at that time must I pay again? I have read an article was published by upwork, there written that used connects come back every months.

Thanks, Miqayel.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can I legally keep two or more accounts?"

Miqayel: We want to reserve the word "legal" or matters pertaining to laws established by recognized geographical jurisdictions such as cities, counties, states, nations, etc. We do not want to use the word "legal" when we are referring to Upwork's rules or ToS ("Terms of Service").

The correct wording or your question is:

"Does Upwork allow me to keep two or more accounts?"

The answer to your question is: "no."

It is a serious violation of Upwork ToS for any freelancer to establish multiple log-in accounts.

As a freelancer, you must use only one username and only one password, as part of only one log-in account.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can I legally keep two or more accounts?"

Miqayel: We want to reserve the word "legal" or matters pertaining to laws established by recognized geographical jurisdictions such as cities, counties, states, nations, etc. We do not want to use the word "legal" when we are referring to Upwork's rules or ToS ("Terms of Service").

The correct wording or your question is:

"Does Upwork allow me to keep two or more accounts?"

The answer to your question is: "no."

It is a serious violation of Upwork ToS for any freelancer to establish multiple log-in accounts.

As a freelancer, you must use only one username and only one password, as part of only one log-in account.

I see.

Thanks for your reply.

What about the second question?

Regarding connects:
Freelancers with a paid membership receive a monthly allotment of connects.

Freelancers with a free membership may purchase connects at any time.

Freelancers with a paid membership may purchase additional connects at any time.

Connects are returned to freelancers AUTOMATICALLY when Upwork takes down a job posting because that job posting violated Upwork ToS.

Also, there are jobs which specifically state that connects will be returned to proposing freelancers if the job is closed without hiring anybody.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Hi Upwork, I have created my Upwork account and just passed my readiness test few hours ago , but yet I have not recieved my extra 30 connects and Rising talent badge , how can I get both things?

Hi Abobakar,

Please note that one of the requirements to qualify for the Rising Talent program is to maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to see the Rising Talent badge on your profile after meeting the qualifications.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths