🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I have some questions please
Page options
1e6bf4d8
Community Member

I have some questions please

Hello,

I am really getting confused. Can someone help me please?

It shows my username as a number, but I want my name to be used, not just a number like that.

Why isnt this community showing my face pic, like it does on the main upwork site?

Why does it say I am a ODesk User on my profile? I dont know what that is.

Thanks

Coop
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry if I didn't get your first post, JJ. 

Please know that Upwork is for both clients and freelancers.You may check out this page for more info on what we do. In the Community, you may click on Community Discussions > Clients, and post on the Client board for any question you have related to being a Client on Upwork. 

Please know that other clients and freelancers will only see your name as JJ, and not as your username. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
a_kuntsi
Community Member

Maybe your profile is still in review?

Weird even though. Let's wait for someone from Upwork answer you.

katrinabeaver
Community Member

I'll flag your post to get a Mod's attention. I have never seen a profile look like this. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

You have a client profile, (so there is no approval process) and may not have completed all the relevant details yet. Go to your account, and into the settings page.

Check if you have completed all the fields there.  All under:

My info

Account

Company details

Company contact

1e6bf4d8
Community Member

Its still not working I don't think Petra. Yes I had filled out all of my profile info there, but this also confuses me because I don't have a company. So then I just put my home address and all my personal info in those areas you mentioned. Its ok guys, I dont have time to pursue bugs or glitches so Ill take it as a sign that its not for me. I appreciate you helping me though. Take care

Coop
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi JJ, 

It looks like you created a client account instead of a freelancer account. You can go to your My Info page (Settings > My Info), and click on the "Create New Account" button to create a freelancer account. Once you've created a freelancer account, you can come back here, and let us know if you want your Client account closed. 

~ Avery
Upwork
1e6bf4d8
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I am not a freelancer, I am a client. Maybe I'ts my fault for not knowing that the community was for freelancers only. Sorry

Coop
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry if I didn't get your first post, JJ. 

Please know that Upwork is for both clients and freelancers.You may check out this page for more info on what we do. In the Community, you may click on Community Discussions > Clients, and post on the Client board for any question you have related to being a Client on Upwork. 

Please know that other clients and freelancers will only see your name as JJ, and not as your username. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths