🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I have submitted work but client hasn't taken...
Page options
d41cd9f5
Community Member

I have submitted work but client hasn't taken any actions yet

Hi;

I have one active project which was due on 23rd November but I submitted my work on 18th November itself before the due date. The client told me over the message that he loved my work but he didn't approve the project.

Now today it's 27th November and I am still waiting for the client's approval for the project. I messaged and mailed them several times but they are not replying.

I want to know what should I do now in such a situation and if the job remains open for so long even after the due date will it affect my Job Success Score?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

You should do nothing.

Stop sending messages.

I send zero messages. I only use the Submit Work button.

That button automatically sends a message. So you don't need to do anything else.

If the clients does nothing, then all the money in escrow gets released to you automatically 14 days after you click the Submit Work button.

The posted due date means nothing. The Upwork software doesn't use it. Your JSS will be fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Hi Anurag, 

Regarding the due date, it is something between you and your client. No penalties if you submitted after the due date [From Upwork], No rewards if you submitted before it [From Upwork]. 

Your client may have forgotten to release your payment and went off the platform. There is something easy you can do to get paid, just click on the button "Submit work for payment" from (My jobs) section. 

After that, Your client will be notified and will have 14 days to respond.

3 scenarios:
- Your client saw the notification and released the money before the 14 days. (You will be paid).
- Your client didn't respond within 14 days. The money will be automatically released to you. (You will be paid).

- Your client saw the notification and refused to release the payment. you can initiate a dispute if you didn't reach an agreement. 

**I don't think the 3rd scenario will happen in your case, as you said that he loved your work already, so no bad intentions**

Good Luck!

Youssef Bahaa

Thank you for the clarification.

I have already submitted work before the due date and it's been already 9 days now since the date of submission.

I will now wait for 14 days to get over so that project gets marked completed.

prestonhunter
Community Member

You should do nothing.

Stop sending messages.

I send zero messages. I only use the Submit Work button.

That button automatically sends a message. So you don't need to do anything else.

If the clients does nothing, then all the money in escrow gets released to you automatically 14 days after you click the Submit Work button.

The posted due date means nothing. The Upwork software doesn't use it. Your JSS will be fine.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths